Specialty dining - group

mduffy1834

We will be a group of 8 on the Equinox in April.  We will be having most dinners in the main dining room and have already emailed (and received confirmation) for booking a table of 8 for at least the first night. 

We would like to book a specialty restaurant to celebrate someone's birthday.  Is there an email for specialty dining that may be able to help?  I know we can wait until we board, but if possible, would like to arrange this beforehand, just in case.

Thanks

3 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

We will be a group of 8 on the Equinox in April.  We will be having most dinners in the main dining room and have already emailed (and received confirmation) for booking a table of 8 for at least the first night. 

We would like to book a specialty restaurant to celebrate someone's birthday.  Is there an email for specialty dining that may be able to help?  I know we can wait until we board, but if possible, would like to arrange this beforehand, just in case.

Thanks

Have you tried booking the SR online before you board? You will have to pay for whole group when you book. You can book for up to 8 passengers, but they all have to be linked to your Cruise ID booking. If they are linked when you book online, it will show all 8 in the group and you just have to check each name. We are on the APEX in a group of 4 and I had to do this to book our SR reservation for all 4 of us. I suggest you do this ASAP because a tables for 8 are limited. After you board you can get with the restaurant manager and let him know about the special birthday and they will take care of you nicely.

Edited by terrydtx

Truly suggest waiting to do this after you board because if you want to book as a group EVERYONE in the group must be linked to every other person.  Multiple steps.  Would take a couple hours.

The only other thing is having each party book the restaurant for the same time.  Then see the host on boarding  .

42 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Truly suggest waiting to do this after you board because if you want to book as a group EVERYONE in the group must be linked to every other person.  Multiple steps.  Would take a couple hours.

The only other thing is having each party book the restaurant for the same time.  Then see the host on boarding  .

It doesn't take a couple hours to link reservations.  It takes a few minutes, at the most, via the website.  Just go to "Manage Reservation" and look for the "Connect Other Reservation" link next to your own reservation number.  Bingo.

• Like 1

I would suggest booking beforehand, especially for a table of 8, if you have a preferred restaurant, day and time.  If you're more flexible then you'll likely (obviously I can't guarantee that) get a reservation onboard.  If you book onboard then that should be one of the first things you do once you board.  

If you book beforehand, as mentioned above, you will have to link your reservations (if not already) which is easy to do.  You have to pay at the time of booking and can only use your Onboard Credit or one credit card.  You can also use Onboard Credit and a credit card but all in one transaction.  This gets done in your Cruise Planner.

Calling in won't get around it, you'll still need everyone's booking information and only one transaction for the group.   Years ago you could book multiple people and everyone paid the night you dined, that isn't the case now. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

12 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

Thanks

I just did several of these for 8 adults.  All online. I did have to have their cruise booking reservation #. 

With a group of 8, I would highly recommend booking online ASAP.