Cunard IT System Issues With Personal Details

colingu

We are a couple and a few weeks ago booked on the QV for a half world cruise departing Jan 2024 (still quite some time away).  We are Cunard Club members. All our personal info for the Club is correct.  When we logged into My Booking our date of births have been swapped. So I rang Cunard who reversed them, and I then updated the contact detaiils, next of kin, passport info etc.  So everything shows correctly.  But then a couple of days later all the changes become undone and I have to ring Cunard again to swap the dates of birth, and complete the contact details again.  This has happened 4 or 5 times!!!  The info does do not seem to stick even though Cunard are updating it.  Has anyone else experienced similar issues?  I don't want to have to keep contacting Cunard.  If this keeps happening right up to the date of the cruise, can the information be updated at the port (please note there are no flights attached to the booking)?

• Like 1

How infuriating, but not atypical. As you are not going until next year, I should leave the thing alone for several months, after which it may have sorted itself out. In any event don’t worry, it is their problem not yours, and I’m sure they can do it at the port, though why it should work then, if it hasn’t been working previously I can’t imagine.

This happened to us last year. It all began when I could not log in to manage my booking. It turned out our middle names and date of birth were transposed. It was only resolved after our TA spent several hours on the phone to Cunard Australia who eventually discovered the problem. Two weeks later it happened again, unable to log in. Our poor TA spent many hours resolving this, I'm sure he had better things to do with his time. Time to update your system Cunard.

16 minutes ago, harryh said:

This happened to us last year. It all began when I could not log in to manage my booking. It turned out our middle names and date of birth were transposed. It was only resolved after our TA spent several hours on the phone to Cunard Australia who eventually discovered the problem. Two weeks later it happened again, unable to log in. Our poor TA spent many hours resolving this, I'm sure he had better things to do with his time. Time to update your system Cunard.

I think it was updating their system that has caused all the problems. It worked much better ten years ago. Incidentally, your experience is an excellent illustration of why it’s a good idea to use a travel agent.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think it was updating their system that has called all the problems. It worked much better ten years ago. Incidentally, you experience is an excellent illustration of why it’s a good idea to use a travel agent.

We did use a travel agent.  The info they have is correct. And the system says to conatct Cunard if names or date of birth are wrong

1 minute ago, colingu said:

We did use a travel agent.  The info they have is correct. And the system says to conatct Cunard if names or date of birth are wrong

Precisely my point. You used a travel agent, so they had the hassle, not you.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, colingu said:

We are a couple and a few weeks ago booked on the QV for a half world cruise departing Jan 2024 (still quite some time away).  We are Cunard Club members. All our personal info for the Club is correct.  When we logged into My Booking our date of births have been swapped. So I rang Cunard who reversed them, and I then updated the contact detaiils, next of kin, passport info etc.  So everything shows correctly.  But then a couple of days later all the changes become undone and I have to ring Cunard again to swap the dates of birth, and complete the contact details again.  This has happened 4 or 5 times!!!  The info does do not seem to stick even though Cunard are updating it.  Has anyone else experienced similar issues?  I don't want to have to keep contacting Cunard.  If this keeps happening right up to the date of the cruise, can the information be updated at the port (please note there are no flights attached to the booking)?

Hi we had exactly the same issues with our 3 Cunard voyages booked this year 2 booked direct and one with a TA after 4 weeks we have managed to get the problem solved we phoned Cunard and asked for the issue to be escalated to the IT department who had never had this issue before 

( really ) we stressed that our cruise was a celebration for our golden wedding in a Queens grill suite and found this whole episode to be distressing and not the build up to our holiday we wanted to experience so keep phoning and pestering they can solve the issue, good luck.