Embarkation Time

Ekposh

Hi

We are staying in a suite and booked a 1:45 time. I don't want to lose this slot. 

If by any chance on the day we decide we want more time in Miami, will we face any issue if say we turn up at 4pm?

Much appreciated 

Alex

you generally want to get on as soon as you're able to (rockstars can start checking in around 12:30-1 and can usually get on the ship around 1:45).  you can only get on the wifi once on the ship, and that's how you book all your activities/shows, make brunch reservations and move dinner reservations.  if you're not there till 4, everything will likely be gone, plus that leaves little room for error if there's traffic getting to the port!

• Like 1

I would be on the ship as early as possible, especially since you booked a suite. Next cruise we’re flying in two days before. This allows us to take a later flight and gives us a full day in Miami. You could also fly out the day after the cruise and enjoy that time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekposh said:

If by any chance on the day we decide we want more time in Miami, will we face any issue if say we turn up at 4pm?

Traffic warning from a local: Don’t cut it too close to ‘all aboard’ time. Week day rush hour traffic around Miami can be a nightmare.

Downtown Miami is no problem as it’s a hop skip and a jump from the port but some other popular spots like Coconut Grove, for example, can be problematic during rush hour. 

• Like 3

The other answers are accurate and important.  You want to be there as early as you can, because the WiFi doesn't work until inside the ship, and many events - including the exercise classes and the drinking games - fill up pretty quickly and only book via the app on the ship's wifi.

But the answer to your specific question is, no problem showing up past your boarding slot.  Don't push it too far; it can take 20 minutes just to drive around the "Port" to get to Virgin, so you could be half-a-block away and not able to get there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ekposh said:

Thanks all. Seems I best get there ASAP. Would make sense. Probably have a leisurely breakfast and check out at 12 and go to port. We will be in Coral Gables. 

That’s a good plan which should put you at Terminal V about 1 pm. If you’re in a Rockstar or Mega suite you have your own dedicated check-In lounge so don’t get in the 1:45 que. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, Ekposh said:

Hi

We are staying in a suite and booked a 1:45 time. I don't want to lose this slot. 

Much appreciated 

Alex

Just the traffic really. When you come in that late you unfortunately can run into traffic. I was watching the Ben and David episode when they embarked Scarlet Lady in Miami and they took over 60 minutes when they got within sight of Port Miami until they were able to park their car. We tend to show up more like 11:30a just to get there. Take the Bayside shuttle and relax there while we wait for 1:30. 

• Like 3

I have Deep Blue Extras for my cruise this week which supposedly comes with priority boarding. But my time on the app hasn’t changed from 230. 
How do they handle priority boarding with DBE?

THe time on the app will not change.  With Deep Blue, you can show up at 1:00 or any time thereafter.  They check the computer and see that you have the designation.You will be given a ribbon wristband that will designate you as Deep Blue and can go thru the check in process.  We were able to begin boarding a few. minutes after 1:30 (the woman in charge of us excused herself to contact her supervisor at about 1:31 saying that she was usually notified by then to start the process).  We were in our cabni by 1:45.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FYI, the ribbon band is a pain...it gets into food while eating, etc.  You can remove it after boarding as the only thing you need it for on board is the cocktail party.  We just carried ours in pockets and showed it to enter the party.  It is not at all like the wristband that opens your door, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

THe time on the app will not change.  With Deep Blue, you can show up at 1:00 or any time thereafter.  They check the computer and see that you have the designation.You will be given a ribbon wristband that will designate you as Deep Blue and can go thru the check in process.  We were able to begin boarding a few. minutes after 1:30 (the woman in charge of us excused herself to contact her supervisor at about 1:31 saying that she was usually notified by then to start the process).  We were in our cabni by 1:45.

Is there a specific line for Deep Blue Extras?  Is it easy to find?  I have a 3:00pm boarding but have Deep Blue (non-suite); sounds like I should plan to arrive around 1pm.

1 hour ago, singleflyer said:

Is there a specific line for Deep Blue Extras?  Is it easy to find?  I have a 3:00pm boarding but have Deep Blue (non-suite); sounds like I should plan to arrive around 1pm.

Yes.  There is. a specific area,  You will check in, get your RFID wrist band, and then be directed to the wait area.  At 1:30 or a few minutes before, they will take people from the suite wait area, and then the Deep Blue follows immediately after the suites.  We really didn't have a "line."  We were allowed to check in, and for that, we had one cabin (2 people) in front of us.  Then there is a seating area reserved for Deep Blue.  There is a different area for suites.  There will be a crew member playing hostess in the Deep Blue area.

There is a more general area for people with 1:30 times you are not Deep Blue; they have boarding group numbers.....and crew playing games and handing out better numbers.

This description makes it sound very involved; it isn't.  Show up between 1 and 1:30.  1 is the earliest time they will allow you into the terminal.  You will get the Deep Blue bracelet and check in and get the RFID bracelet.  Then you wait till 1:30 but you are sitting and comfortable.  Then you go thru the boarding process....and you are in your room very quickly.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1