Celebrity Excursions - cancel and rebook with OBC questions

BazingAu

Hi. A couple of Celebrity Excursions that we booked have gone down in price slightly (about $6-12/pp), but they are also sold out for the times we booked. The times remaining aren't ideal for us. If we cancelled to rebook, does our cancelled spots show back up on the options to book on the website? Also, we booked one of these excursions with OBC. I know there's usually a delay with credit cards, but does the OBC come back right away? Or is there a wait for that to show up? Thanks for the insight! (I did a search and didn't see anything directly on point.)

10 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

Hi. A couple of Celebrity Excursions that we booked have gone down in price slightly (about $6-12/pp), but they are also sold out for the times we booked. The times remaining aren't ideal for us. If we cancelled to rebook, does our cancelled spots show back up on the options to book on the website? Also, we booked one of these excursions with OBC. I know there's usually a delay with credit cards, but does the OBC come back right away? Or is there a wait for that to show up? Thanks for the insight! (I did a search and didn't see anything directly on point.)

If you cancel your slots might reappear or be given to someone on a waitlist.  For a few dollars seems not worth it.

When we have cancelled excursions the OBC appeared back in our account within a couple business days.   It was not instantly.  

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  Our OBC has always shown up immediately on canceling, although usually have to refresh the page to get it to happen.  Normally I have the order page open and the excursion on a "open in new tab" page and have to refresh both.  Have rebooked many times and have never had a delay of more than a minute.  I wouldn't try it if the time was sold out - while we have always gotten the same time, it was available before we did the cancel.

Credit card refunds usually take a week or so to show up (some as long as 2 weeks).

• Thanks 1

OBC also has shown up within minutes (if not within a minute) for us, as well.

@BazingAu, you can call and see if you can get a refare.  Keep in mind that you likely would lose any promotion you originally booked under in favor of the present promotion, so keep promotional OBC in mind when making your calculations.  It still doesn't hurt to call and see if it's more substantial than you think it may be.