QV port changes North Cape 6th June 23

sogne

40 minutes ago, Teddy123 said:

Yes, conveniently just after the full balance had to be paid.  And despite the claim otherwise, a new programme of shore excursions is NOT available on My Cunard.  Claiming there is just adds insult to injury.

Not sure the substitution of Haugesund counts as an injury, more a relief perhaps. And I’m sure the shore excursions will appear eventually. After all, it’s a while before June.

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

Not sure the substitution of Haugesund counts as an injury, more a relief perhaps. And I’m sure the shore excursions will appear eventually. After all, it’s a while before June.

I agree about Haugesund but I consider the absence now of any sailing into the fjords as the injury and the simple inefficiency/carelessness of sending out a message saying trips are available when they aren't as the insult.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sogne said:

Geiranger and Haguesund replaced with Al;esund and Stavanger respectively. 

Was any reason given for the changes other than the usual "operational reasons"? Since Geiranger has been replaced it does make me wonder if it could have anything to do with environmental concerns.

It looks to me like the next two scheduled calls to Geiranger this year have been replaced as well.

For the 25th June 2023 cruise (V317), the call to Geiranger on 29th June has been replaced with Skjolden (the call to Kristiansand has been replaced with Stavanager on the cruise as well).

For the 16th July 2023 cruise (V319), the call to Geiranger on 19th July has also been replaced with Skjolden.

The call to Geiranger is still on the itinerary for the 6th August 2023 cruise (V321) and Geiranger remains on the two 2024 itineraries for Queen Anne.

Edited by bluemarble

Geiranger is clearly environmental, no idea about Haguesund and not really bothered to be fair. Larger but newer ships are calling at Geiranger so nothing to do with size. It may well upset some but we have Lofoten and North Cape to look forward too.

As for next year we are booked on QA to Flam  and one would hope that she will meet environmental regs.

• Like 3

Sorry folks but not a "happy camper" here. Yes, Lofoten Islands and the Midnight Sun will still be nice experiences, but I booked the QV North Cape Discovery voyage for the itinerary originally offered by Cunard.         

Cunard is fully aware of any environmental changes for ships visiting Norway.  After all, the QM2 port of calls to Flåm last summer were changed at the last minute.   Which begs the question, why Cunard even considered Geiranger as a port of call in 2023?

This is not a total surprise to me as I thought something was up when with the excursions for Geiranger page only said "Please bear with us while we add the final touches to your shore experiences. "    Just checked no excursions for Stavanger or Alesund posted on MyCunrard.

Does anybody know if the North Cape Discovery cruise visits any fjords or will I have to book an excursion if I want to visit a fjord?  Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sogne said:

according to Stavanger port ws a large Aida ship is  also in on the 125th June

My reading is that QV will be at the Mekjarvik terminal about 10km northwest of downtown Stavanger once again, for both of the replacement calls there on 8th June and 27th June as well as the previously scheduled call there on 8th August.

18 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

My reading is that QV will be at the M6ekjarvik terminal about 10km northwest of downtown Stavanger once again, for both of the replacement calls there on 8th June and 27th June as well as the previously scheduled call there on 8th August.

Yes that is whete QV will be as pet port WS

Really disappointed not to have an alternative fjord port offered. One of the main reasons for selecting this cruise was to go in the fjords. I’m sure Cunard have known for sometime that they were going to make these changes and feel saddened that we have only been informed after the final payment has been made. Leaves a very unpleasant taste. 

Would love to know when Cunard found out they could no longer sail to Geiranger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LargeNegroni said:

Really disappointed not to have an alternative fjord port offered. One of the main reasons for selecting this cruise was to go in the fjords. I’m sure Cunard have known for sometime that they were going to make these changes and feel saddened that we have only been informed after the final payment has been made. Leaves a very unpleasant taste. 

Would love to know when Cunard found out they could no longer sail to Geiranger. 

QV has been on Alesund PA WS for sometime.Also no entry on Geiranger PA WS  4 15 June when I checked earlier. We still have Leknes & North Cape.