What is the earliest check-in time and the latest ?

I think the arrival appointment times vary slightly by ship/port. 

The earliest time we have been able to select is 10:00 - 10:30 but someone here recently mentioned they had a 9:30 - 10:00 time slot.  For the latest, I believe it depends on when the ship leaves port.  Recently in New Orleans, Final Boarding was 2:30 pm, whereas in Long Beach last month Final Boarding was 3:30.  

Yes, check-in starts at midnight Eastern time.

The arrival appointment windows are 30 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

If you checkin date is Aug 27, you can checkin at midnight on Aug 26 eastern time?

What info do you have to have at checkin time?  Some lines require photos?  What does Carnival want?

Thanks.

Most importantly, your Passport info and your credit card. They'll also ask for travel info among other things you'll know off the top of mind.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

If you checkin date is Aug 27, you can checkin at midnight on Aug 26 eastern time?

What info do you have to have at checkin time?  Some lines require photos?  What does Carnival want?

Thanks.

Just to clarify, we're talking about online check-in prior to the sail date. Yes, you can do online check-in at midnight eastern on the night of Aug. 26 (using your example). You'll choose your Arrival Appointment (the 30 minute window in which you'll arrive at the terminal), set up your Sail & Sign account using a credit card, gift cards, etc. Or you can choose to set it up as a cash account. As jsglow said, you'll enter your passport number (no photo required during online check-in) and answer some basic travel questions, like if you're Carnival's transport service to the terminal, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

@happy cruzer I was a little thrown off when you mentioned other lines requiring photos. That's why I wasn't sure if you were talking about online check-in. Do other lines require uploading a photo ID during their online check-in?

yes, they do.  I think NCL is one and some others.  RCl did at one time.  But our pictures always had to be retaken so I just do not like that step.

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

@happy cruzer I was a little thrown off when you mentioned other lines requiring photos. That's why I wasn't sure if you were talking about online check-in. Do other lines require uploading a photo ID during their online check-in?

Yes, we cruised Royal last October and Disney this past March and both required us to upload a photo (head shot in front of a blank wall) but it couldn't be your passport or state issued ID.  It was our first time on DCL but have been on Royal before and they didn't require in the past. We haven't been on Carnival since 2018 and will be back on in November so glad to know I don't have to upload photos again. It was cumbersome in my opinion because the photos were on my phone so that meant I had to do the check in on the phone instead of the computer.

Edited by vacationlover16

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

yes, they do.  I think NCL is one and some others.  RCl did at one time.  But our pictures always had to be retaken so I just do not like that step.

2 hours ago, vacationlover16 said:

It was cumbersome in my opinion because the photos were on my phone so that meant I had to do the check in on the phone instead of the computer.

Yeah, that seems like an annoyance. I have friends who're going on NCL for the first time next month. I'll have to ask if they did it.

• 4 weeks later...