Gem and Platinum member dining perk

MayC

On Gem 3/31.  Platinum member so get 2 free meals at specialty restaurants.  I thought that they were just deducted from your final bill.  Thought I read somewhere that u receive voucher in your “Welcome Package”.  Haven’t been on NCL in 3 yrs so don’t remember policy.  Would appreciate any clarification on this. Thx

44 minutes ago, MayC said:

Thought I read somewhere that u receive voucher in your “Welcome Package”.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

As noted above, the vouchers will be part of a card you’ll find in your stateroom upon embarkation. (They are detachable.)   Be careful to go through everything you find waiting for you carefully.

Remember to bring the voucher to dinner. You’ll be asked for it. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

As Turtles06 said above, you should this card (folded) with coupons inside. If you do not find one, stop by the CruiseNext Desk in the lobby to ask for it.

You should stop there anyway, returning to cruising - pickup your new "Latitudes Platinum" pin (they are new) and ask for/sign up for a Behind The Scene tour if you are interested in seeing what's below decks and walk down I-95, etc. (as they recently resumed those complimentary tours) ... 

The "current" dining terms for the complimentary meals are slightly different & not on the printed voucher, ask but usually, the host/ess will kindly explain to you.  

PXL_20230318_143249143.jpg

P.S.  Just realized that these are now "personalized" with the label for different upper tiers - hardly paid attention to them before.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Hi,  This thread is helpful  I am on the Jewel in May.  For the Platinum dinners on the fine print from the Latitudes page it looks like the entree's are limited to $35 or less.  Do you know if they are enforcing that limit?  I may change what restaurant I reserve if there is upcharge for everything higher.  

Just an fyi.  On some recent cruises, they have been out of the cardstock vouchers and have instead just left a regular letter size sheet of paper with the vouchers printed on it.  This happened to us in January.  If you don't see the cardstock thingy, check for other normal papers left in your cabin.  Enjoy your cruise. 😎

• Like 1

We were recently told that the $35 limit no longer applies.  Basically, anything that doesn't have an upcharge on the menu is included and you get 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, one entree and one dessert.  In Cagney's they told us we could have 3 sides.

Also, the voucher was good in any restaurant on the Gem.

1 hour ago, majmaj4 said:

Hi,  This thread is helpful  I am on the Jewel in May.  For the Platinum dinners on the fine print from the Latitudes page it looks like the entree's are limited to $35 or less.  Do you know if they are enforcing that limit?  I may change what restaurant I reserve if there is upcharge for everything higher.  

The vouchers are valid for any restaurant. two dinners for 2 (one with wine). The only restrictions are upcharges for dining packages on menus which you need to pay if you pick them. There is no $35 limit. 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

B9D9B7C1-F52A-4923-B022-DE093827A0F5.thumb.jpeg.fbbe36e3643e5e21885a7207a8fce497.jpeg

FC1A9A82-CEA6-4AF8-BD19-3390BFD4FB7D.thumb.jpeg.a6c2cb71a5052ec7c0e2eb14b456c911.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Weird.  The latitude program has the restrictions you show.. and Also allows more flexible on restaurants.  When I look in my account and latitudes rewards - it shows only certain restaurants and additional restrictions.

Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina6
(per stateroom)

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

23 minutes ago, majmaj4 said:

Weird.  The latitude program has the restrictions you show.. and Also allows more flexible on restaurants.  When I look in my account and latitudes rewards - it shows only certain restaurants and additional restrictions.

Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina6
(per stateroom)

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

NCL are very slow at updating their website, and there is often conflicting information because of this.

The vouchers can be used in all restaurants.

12 minutes ago, majmaj4 said:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice.   

NCL has made the Latitudes Platinum dining more flexible in the past year, this letter was in our cabin along with the mini booklet. NCL's website descriptions haven't been kept up and or updated with all the changes, when in doubt - ask onboard.  Of course, CruiseNext or Latitudes desk and SD host/ess might give you different guidance vs. what your waiter/ress say, bottom line is will you get charged extra, LOL

Confusing, sure.  Why worry about that extra $10 or $20 ? 

PXL_20220916_183543816.jpg