Disembark Rome at 7:00am. Can I fly out of FCO at noon?

MudderBear

Hello all.  Will probably take the Princess transfer to the airport.  Will I make a 12:00 noon flight?  If not, what hotel would be good for us to get to the airport early in the moning (as in the NEXT day morning) but also hold our luggage that disembarkment  morning and be the best to sightsee around without going into Rome itself.

Edited by MudderBear

I don't know.  I don't know if there is anything worthwhile around the airport area.  I was in Rome a few years back, and would love to go again, but I need to drop off my luggage at whatever hotel I would stay at (and it has to be close to airport).  How would I get from an airport hotel to Rome?  Would love to hear from people who did something similar.

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

I don't know.  I don't know if there is anything worthwhile around the airport area.  I was in Rome a few years back, and would love to go again, but I need to drop off my luggage at whatever hotel I would stay at (and it has to be close to airport).  How would I get from an airport hotel to Rome?  Would love to hear from people who did something similar.

There are Roman ruins at Ostia Antica, a short taxi ride away from the airport. The difficulty might be getting a taxi to return and pick you up although you could try to arrange it with the one that drops you off.

It's not that difficult to get into Rome from the airport. You'd have to get from your hotel to the airport (some have a shuttle; one, the Hilton, is attached to the airport). Then take either the Leonardo express (runs about every 30 minutes; drops you at Rome's central train station) or figure out how to take a regional train to get to a stop in Rome close(r) to where you want to be...

Why do you "have" to be at the airport?  If you stay IN Rome, you can still arrange for a very early morning pickup.

• Like 1

for my experience, guests with early flight departing from Fiumicino exit before cruisers that have a late flight, like you.
So, you should be out of the ship not before 08.00 AM. For an intercontinental flight it is good to stay at FCO 3hrs before the flight. It is a drive of 50 min to reach FCO.

I would go quietly to the airport, the 12 PM flight is perfect