Alexandria (for Cairo & Giza), Egypt

CeCe_

Hello everyone,

If the ship arrives to Alexandria Egypt at 7am and departs at 11pm, will that be enough time to see the pyramids?  The excursion schedule has not come out yet, we are trying to determine if it is possible to fit in a tour to Giza.

Thank you

We have a booking for next October that includes Egypt. It's way too far out for the excursions and pricing to be published by Oceania, but just find a cruise with similar ports during  a month in 2023. The excursions with duration times and pricing should be available. Costs of course may not apply to your dates, but it should give an idea of what to expect. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone from port Alexandria on a 2 full days in port, booked a tour to Cairo then flown to Luxor for an overnight flight to see Luxor and then fly back to Cairo for a 3 hour ride back to port ?  I found a tour that does it and looks doable but tight.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 1:00 PM, skiierdi said:

Has anyone from port Alexandria on a 2 full days in port, booked a tour to Cairo then flown to Luxor for an overnight flight to see Luxor and then fly back to Cairo for a 3 hour ride back to port ?  I found a tour that does it and looks doable but tight.

I am interested in doing this too but the cost is quite high due to the RT airfare Cairo to Luxor. I was quoted USD$630 pp with an overnight stay in Luxor. 

On 4/3/2023 at 4:00 PM, skiierdi said:

Even just going to Cairo for an overnight from Alexandria sounds rushed. I cannot imagine trying to get to Luxor and back.  In such a short time you won't "see" Luxor, only perhaps 1-2 things. Just a visit to Karnak temple alone takes a couple of hours and the Valley of the Kings would take even more (your ticket includes 3 tombs and sometimes extra tickets are available to see, e.g., Tut's tomb...

If you really want to see Luxor and Cairo, book a tour to Egypt. Or at least find a ship that transits the Suez and stops at Safaga to Luxor for an overnight. It would give you just about as much time as going to Cairo for an overnight from Alexandria -- in other words, not nearly enough.

• Like 1