Icy Strait Point Zipline

misguy

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

So how did your wife (who you said was afraid of heights) enjoy the zipline experience?

Not the OP but thought I'd share. I am petrified of heights, get wobbly feet and stomach jitters but I absolutely loved it and am doing it again this July. I had less anxiety because they released me, very much like parasailing, if I had to jump off, it'd never happen. We were also told to hold our arms out like an eagle to keep from spinning. 

Patty 

41323126_1978948385459923_4186564284249014272_n.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

So how did your wife (who you said was afraid of heights) enjoy the zipline experience?

She loved it, the ride up the gondola was a whole another story

• Like 1

I was at Icy Strait Point when they had their grand opening for the zip line.  It was a hoot to see all the Huna Totem tribal elders, who were given the honor of the first rides, zipping down the mountain in their traditional regalia!

• Like 2

We did this in Sept of 21 (pre gondola) - the bus ride up the mountain was a blast, saw lots of deer on the way.

Our guide (Jimmy?) was a hoot, gave a really good talk on the history and culture of the Tlingit people on the 45 minute ride up. 

"45 minutes up, 45 seconds down!" he told us - he wasn't lying 🙂

When they dropped the barriers and launched us...it was like freefall for the first 5 seconds or so😲

Highly recommend 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, cw2go said:

Not the OP but thought I'd share. I am petrified of heights, get wobbly feet and stomach jitters but I absolutely loved it and am doing it again this July. I had less anxiety because they released me, very much like parasailing, if I had to jump off, it'd never happen. We were also told to hold our arms out like an eagle to keep from spinning. 

Patty 

41323126_1978948385459923_4186564284249014272_n.jpeg

Do they allow you to film the ride using your phone?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guyc said:

I would not try to use my phone because if you drop it you would never find it.  The exception would be if you had a chest strap to secure it.  They don't object to filming.  We lost are action camera by leaving it in the gondola and so we didn't get that video.

On 4/7/2023 at 7:07 PM, kickboxrca said:

We don't have a lot of time in ISP - our zipline time is 8:00 - how much time do we need to get up the gondola?

The gondola ride is only about 8 minutes.  The line was non-existent almost when we got there.  But that will vary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:48 AM, Guyc said:

As others have posted, I'd use a strap to keep from losing it but for me part of the fun was reaching my arms out and enjoying the ride. Personally using/focusing on a camera would take away from the experience.

Patty