Live from the World Europa - Boarded in AbuDhabi

trintrav

3 minutes ago, trintrav said:

Everyone has access to that area.  Haven’t been back there during the day to see how crowded it is 

Oh, okay. I was under the impression it was an adults only area, but could be wrong

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Is there any chance you could post a photo of any of the bar menus outside of YC?  I’m curious to see if the prices have increased and what the PremExtra will cover. 

Very good question. I'm intrigued too, as we're Premium Extra when we go!

21 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Glad to hear about the now "upcharge" if you go over 13 Euro - bit disappointed to hear Patron triggered this (I would have expected a shot of any of the main Patron variants to be under 13 Euro!).

Patron Silver would have been covered before.  It strikes me that the drinks prices have risen, (items that were €13 are now €14) but the drinks package limits haven’t (still €13 for PE - according to one poster, the limit is not due to increase until later in the year).  There’s a discussion around the Premium Extra package on another thread on the subject. 

Edited by Beamafar

@trintrav  I’m hoping that your absence is as a result of you having too good a time onboard, but I’d love to hear how your cruise is going.   There is so little about this particular ship, and, while the itinerary you’re doing is the last of the season, things like bar and restaurant menus are of particular interest to me. 

I understand that most items in the YC lounge are included, but have you gleaned any more information about drinks price increases on the regular bar menus and what’s included in the packages?   Are they still allowing you to just pay the difference in price for items outside your package?   What percentage is the service charge, if so?  15 or 18%?

Edited by Beamafar

Greetings again 

For some reason it seems that this website is blocked by the MSC server when using ships Wi-Fi.  Hmmmm. Makes me wonder.  I figured out that the workaround is using a VPN and connecting to US servers. (I use Nord btw) 

Last night was a meet and greet in the yacht club lounge with the captain and senior staff.  Get seats at the bar for the best service and viewing.  Sadly some Americans (i am American) dressed up in full Arabic garb (costumes they bought ashore undoubtedly) thinking that was formal and classy.   They made a mockery of the Arabic customs in my opinion and were the laughing stock of the evening.  Very embarrassing.  Don’t flame on me.  Just my opinion. It was rude and distasteful 

We had a lazy day today. The ship docked in Dammam Saudi Arabia and we chose not to get off.  I refuse to lay the Saudi visa fee and we’ve heard that the port simply isn’t worth it. (Even from folks who returned today) 

The thermal suite was wonderful this morning very few people and everything was available. 

Since we were in Saudi Arabia where alcohol is illegal all bars were closed while in port. 

Sad to report that we tried the regular Buffet on Deck 18-19 outside is the yacht club and the food was abysmal.  Poor presentation, lacked any real flavor. Verbal just bad.   Went from there to the pizza and burger place and it was similar there. Very disappointed, so we will stick to the yacht club.  Last nights Lobster Dinner in the Yacht was fantastic.  Lobster done ro perfection and the Truffle Risotto was phenomenal as were the desserts. 

Last night we visited the new Gin Bar. Everything was basically below the 13 euro threshold, so all good. 

We got tokens for the Secret Speakeasy from the butler   Going to try that later in the week.  I’ll not comment on that much since it’s supposed to be something you search for and i don’t want to ruin it for anyone.  I will say that drinks there are excluded from the package. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

@trintrav  I’m hoping that your absence is as a result of you having too good a time onboard, but I’d love to hear how your cruise is going.   There is so little about this particular ship, and, while the itinerary you’re doing is the last of the season, things like bar and restaurant menus are of particular interest to me. 

I understand that most items in the YC lounge are included, but have you gleaned any more information about drinks price increases on the regular bar menus and what’s included in the packages?   Are they still allowing you to just pay the difference in price for items outside your package?   What percentage is the service charge, if so?  15 or 18%?

Service charge is 18 percent i believe.  Haven’t seen the gratuities show up on the folio yet.  And yes. You just pay the difference over 13 euros on drinks. 

49 minutes ago, trintrav said:

Service charge is 18 percent i believe.  Haven’t seen the gratuities show up on the folio yet.  And yes. You just pay the difference over 13 euros on drinks. 

Thanks so much for this, really appreciate it. 

Not too happy to hear that this site may be blocked by the ship’s wifi.  Not techie enough to know how to use a VPN as a workaround.

The Cruise critic website itself had access issues yesterday and this morning, I couldn't log in for hours. Maybe it was that rather than MSC blocking? I do hope so, I'll be eagerly awaiting your drinks investigation next week Bea!

Edited by CruisingFox27

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 4:51 AM, trintrav said:

Everyone has access to that area.  Haven’t been back there during the day to see how crowded it is 

Are there many families with small kids?