Summit - Move Up from Ultra Deluxe Family Veranda

Spurs Fans

My DW and I will be on Summit in August for 12 nights.  (NYC to Iceland)  After originally booking an inside cabin (only rooms available at booking,) we lucked into an Ultra Deluxe Family Veranda - 270 sq. ft. of cabin and 242 sq. ft. of veranda with a 270 degree view on the back corner of the ship. It is not considered a suite and thus no suite amenities.  

My thought is that we should never give that cabin up and try for a Move Up.  Am I crazy? 

Edited by Spurs Fans

• Spurs Fans changed the title to Summit - Move Up from Ultra Deluxe Family Veranda

If you were just dying for a suite, you could look at that (either through MoveUp or a direct upgrade--direct upgrade being more advantageous and may be similar pricing).  However, it sounds like you have a pretty nice situation on your hands right now.  I wouldn't even consider moving up to anything under a "higher" suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did a B2B where we moved from a suite on the Infinity to a corner Family Veranda, our butler ho mi Ed our belonging was amazed.  His comment “WOW this is better than most suites I have scene”. 

I wouldn’t give that up for anything less than a RS.  Celebrity Suites on M class have very narrow and curved balconies, not very useful.

• Thanks 1

I was in a similar cabin on Constellation.

The balcony is absolutely fabulous.

I might move to a suite if the cost was minimal, say $15 per person per day.

And that is ONLY if you really care about the restaurant.