Urgent question: Ravenna, priority disembarkation off Celebrity Infinity, will I make my flight from VCE?

jeanico

Hello fellow cruisers! I was supposed to take a cruise on the Infinity before the pandemic happened and, at that time, the ship docked in Venice at the end of the cruise. I just now realized my cruise in July this year ends in Ravenna, which is 2 1/2 hours away from Venice, and I've already booked flights leaving Marco Polo Airport at 11:40AM to go to Nice. I am in Concierge class, so I believe that I have priority disembarkation, and the ship arrives in port at 6AM. Will I be OK to make my flight (EasyJet) if I book a private transfer? Has anyone done this recently?

Thanks for any insight you can provide me!   

It would close at best.  Just because the ship docks at 6am does not mean you will be allowed off the ship that early.   If you are going to try a private transfer is a must AND plan to take your own luggage off of the ship.  If you leave out overnight for Celebrity to take it off you will lose a lot of time getting started. 

Celebrity states earliest flight for their transfers is 12:15.  If you can do walk off and have private transport I think you would be ok.

Priority disembarkation for Concierge Class or Elite Captains club members is really non existent, it just means you have a special place to wait for your number to be called.   The best you can do if not doing walk off is to go to guest relations and ask for the earliest tag number possible.  Remember Suites are the only ones with real priority disembarkation.

• Like 1

In September 2022, we took the Celebrity transfer to Venice airport for a 14:50 flight. We left on the coach at 07:55, and arrived at the airport at 10:25. It was only 79 miles but mainly single carriageway, hence the length of time it took. You really want to be on your way by 7am to make the 11:40 flight (I’m assuming you’re checking in luggage so will need 2 hours at the airport). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, Mr. Click said:

It would close at best.  Just because the ship docks at 6am does not mean you will be allowed off the ship that early.   If you are going to try a private transfer is a must AND plan to take your own luggage off of the ship.  If you leave out overnight for Celebrity to take it off you will lose a lot of time getting started. 

That is a very tight schedule even as a walk off with private transfer.  We did the Ravenna to Venice transfer last October. Can you change your flight?  I just did that today for another cruise and was able to change without penalty.  Might be different re change fees if you are traveling between 2 countries.