Dailey's and Oficer list from Spirit New Zealand 4-16 March 2023

ziggyuk

Thank you for posting the Dailey's, very helpful for my upcoming Spirit cruise.

Wow, didn't know that the room service charge is $9.95 now, and that I can use the dining package at the Sushi Bar.

Also free access to Cruisecritic.com from the Internet Cafe and on my own device. They must be desperate for reviews and publicity, good or bad.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 11:08 AM, JohnChiang said:

Thank you for posting the Dailey's, very helpful for my upcoming Spirit cruise.

Wow, didn't know that the room service charge is $9.95 now, and that I can use the dining package at the Sushi Bar.

Also free access to Cruisecritic.com from the Internet Cafe and on my own device. They must be desperate for reviews and publicity, good or bad.

On the Dawn in Feb, I could get to the Cruise Critic main site, but I couldn't get to these boards.  I don't know if that was the one ship only, or if their firewall is poorly configured on all ships.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:31 PM, ziggyuk said:

IMG_20230313_191857.thumb.jpg.1e4c85364d5a0562581747879090213b.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to upload the Dailies.  I found the dress code sign interesting on my recent Dawn cruise.  It would be nice to have it in the Dailies and listed pre-cruise as well.  In the past, collared shirts for men were only required in Le Bistro and the main dining room.  On the Dawn, O'Sheans (like the Local on the Spirit) even had that sign.  No one ever said anything about the dress code though, so there were a variety of outfits in all locations.

37 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Thank you for taking the time to upload the Dailies.  I found the dress code sign interesting on my recent Dawn cruise.  It would be nice to have it in the Dailies and listed pre-cruise as well.  In the past, collared shirts for men were only required in Le Bistro and the main dining room.  On the Dawn, O'Sheans (like the Local on the Spirit) even had that sign.  No one ever said anything about the dress code though, so there were a variety of outfits in all locations.

It's mostly the small ships that have this rule in just the bigger Main dining room at the rear of the ship, the big ships don't.

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

It's mostly the small ships that have this rule in just the bigger Main dining room at the rear of the ship, the big ships don't.

Do you mean that only the smaller ships have these signs, because that is what I was on?  I believe I saw them in every dining location.  What are the requirements on the larger ships?

7 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Do you mean that only the smaller ships have these signs, because that is what I was on?  I believe I saw them in every dining location.  What are the requirements on the larger ships?

The larger ships have few restrictions in the MDR, there are reports of T-shirts and shorts, I have seen it myself, normally only Jewel class and below have a dining room dress code of jeans/trousers and collared shirt (polo ok). 

32 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

We were on Spirit in November.  All those officers appear to have rotated off.

Senior Hotel Management staff are 4 months on and 2 months off.  Captain, Staff Captain and Chief Engineer are 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off.

12 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

@ziggyuk Did they offer any excursion after disembarkation in Auckland that ended at the airport?

Yes they did. There was a city tour that ended at the airport, we stayed a few days so did not need it.

This web cache of the offering should open for you.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QIISWxf22w8J:https://www.ncl.com/no/en/shore-excursions/AKL_80/Auckland-Sights-with-Transfer%3Fport%3DHAL%26sort%3DsearchFeatured%26sortOrder%3Dasc%26perPage%3D12&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

58 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Got it.  Thanks!

@ziggyuk Do you happen to have a picture or pdf of the excursion paper that lists all of the tours available for your cruise?  I can't find much of anything listed on the NCL general shore excursion page and it is way too early for them to show up in my planner.

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

@ziggyuk Do you happen to have a picture or pdf of the excursion paper that lists all of the tours available for your cruise?  I can't find much of anything listed on the NCL general shore excursion page and it is way too early for them to show up in my planner.

No I'm sorry I don't, we did pick a paper one up at the desk but did not keep it sorry.

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

No I'm sorry I don't, we did pick a paper one up at the desk but did not keep it sorry.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I pick up lots of paper on a cruise and try to throw most of it away either before heading home or immediately upon unpacking, so I totally understand.

• Like 1