LIVE from Sirena Oranjestad to Barcelona - March 20 through April 10, 2023

JoePDX

I'm enjoying your live posts. Thank you for sharing. Question about Sirena. Do the staterooms have a mini-fridge? I don't see it listed in the amenities. Also it looks like this ship has Toscana and Red Ginger but no Polo Grill. Is that correct? Is it easy or difficult to get tables for two? Also, is there the new pizza for dinner at Waves, like they have on Riviera? I think it's a new concept they were trying out and it was the best pizza I've had on any ship or land. It had burrata, prosciutto and arugula on it. 

Edited by SSFrance69

5 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

...Question about Sirena. Do the staterooms have a mini-fridge? ...  Also it looks like this ship has Toscana and Red Ginger but no Polo Grill. Is that correct? Is it easy or difficult to get tables for two? Also, is there the new pizza for dinner at Waves, like they have on Riviera? 

Spent 10 nights on Sirena (11/18-28/2022) in a B2 Veranda cabin.

- Yes, they have mini-fridges.

- She has 2 specialty restaurants: Tuscan Grill and Red Ginger. Tuscan Grill is Tuscan & Polo combined.

- Seems like the usual set up is tables for 2. Wife doesn't like Red Ginger so on embarkaton day we gave up our reservation at Red Ginger to add a 2nd at Tuscan Grill. We ate at tables for 2 both times. Very front of it with the slanting forward glass.

- NO pizza area like Riviera.

Waves does have smoothies, ice cream, malts, and shakes. Breakfast in the AM and limited menu in the afternoon, till 4 pm when it closes.

Baristas for coffee and related items.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

I'm enjoying your live posts. Thank you for sharing. Question about Sirena. Do the staterooms have a mini-fridge? I don't see it listed in the amenities. Also it looks like this ship has Toscana and Red Ginger but no Polo Grill. Is that correct? Is it easy or difficult to get tables for two? Also, is there the new pizza for dinner at Waves, like they have on Riviera? I think it's a new concept they were trying out and it was the best pizza I've had on any ship or land. It had burrata, prosciutto and arugula on it. 

all cabins have a mini fridge stocked with sodas

Sirena is the only R ship with Reg Ginger  & Tuscan Steak

menu

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/61698/Tuscan-Steak-Dinner.PDF

Even the insides have mini fridge

"Beautifully re-designed with a modern flair, these delightful private retreats boast 160 square feet of luxury. Highlights include a comfortable seating area, vanity desk, refrigerated mini-bar and plenty of storage. The ingenious use of space is complemented by the re-inspired decor."

They call it a mini bar  but no alcoholic beverages are included  except in the Top suites

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

... Sounds like a lovely ship. We did adore Jaques, but I'm sure we'd survive with the available options. 😁

Wife and I have done 20 nights on Riviera and Sirena since 12/2021 but never ate at the GDR. We LOVE the Terrace Cafe, eating under the stars outside aft! Meal paradise for us. And I have to be careful around Waves at 3 pm or so, because the mahi-mahi is delicious and can spoil my dinner appetite. We prefer to eat dinner around 6:30 pm. (But, yes, we did enjoy the Sea Bass at Jacques!

• Like 2

Just now, MEFIowa said:

Wife and I have done 20 nights on Riviera and Sirena since 12/2021 but never ate at the GDR. We LOVE the Terrace Cafe, eating under the stars outside aft! Meal paradise for us. And I have to be careful around Waves at 3 pm or so, because the mahi-mahi is delicious and can spoil my dinner appetite. We prefer to eat dinner around 6:30 pm. (But, yes, we did enjoy the Sea Bass at Jacques!

We had the sea bass for two as well. It was so good! We also loved the Lobster Thermidor and the scallop/lobster gnocchi as a starter was to die for. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, davencl said:

We were on the Sirena 10 days 1/10 to 1/20.  There is a pizza window in the Terrace Cafe.  Really good pizza

The pizza from the window is so so good!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Is the Jennie you refer to Jennifer Faust? If so, she really is the best of the Ambassadors.

Yes, one and the same.   Went to her itinerary talk yesterday.    Very enthusiastic.  I hope to match her 115 visited countries someday.   Jeff and I are currently at about 50.   😊

Joe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak are the specialty  restaurants on board.   The later is a mash up of Toscana and Polo Grill.

Yes there is a mini fridge in the staterooms.  

We have had no problem getting a table for two in the GDR.   We usually arrive around 7 pm.   

No special pizza oven like they installed on Riviera.   

Very special crew on Sirena.  We are having a great time.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 3

Just now, JoePDX said:

Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak are the specialty  restaurants on board.   The later is a mash up of Toscana and Polo Grill.

Yes there is a mini fridge in the staterooms.  

We have had no problem getting a table for two in the GDR.   We usually arrive around 7 pm.   

No special pizza oven like they installed in Riviera.   

Very special crew on Sirena.  We are having a great time.

Joe

Walk through Terrace on the port side just forward of the buffet.  The window there is where the pizza is on Sirena.

Good morning from our third sea day.   We are currently traveling at 18.5 knots.   Temperature 74.5F with 85% humidity.   Moderate waves at 8.2 feet and wind at 14.1 knots.  Sirena continues to handle these seas well.   Rain a couple time yesterday, but only for brief periods.  

Today was Sunday Brunch in the GDR.   A nice layout.    

The Officer’s Challenge was today but be have lingered too long at Brunch.   So no Big O points for us.   

Our trivia team tied for first yesterday.   We have a great international team which has been very handy.

The show last night was Debonaire with e production cast.  Excellent even though they had technical difficulties with the sound and had to restart the show twice.  Real pros.

Guest lecturer is photographer Benedict Brain.   His topic yesterday was taking better pictures with your smart phone.   I learned several great tips!   He is a very charming guy from Bath.   I had had the opportunity to chat with him a couple times and he joined our trivia team one day too.   He just published a book if you want to look him up.

Because of the Brunch I didn’t make it up to the Terrace Cafe so no report on Stucky Bun quality.   😊

Life continues to be very good on Sirena.

Joe

DA21C296-A3BF-43B5-9ED4-F6F2E9BF219A.jpeg

D7F6FEC0-176D-4923-9CA3-C42F957FA32F.jpeg

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you sharing.  We've never sailed Oceania before.  We're in our mid to late 50s.  Looking at the Spanish & Portuguese Treasures itinerary on this ship.  

I'll be following along on your adventures.  Let us know what air temps are like once you reach land again.

• Like 1

Just now, CajunGirl2 said:

Hi Joe, can you confirm which side of the the ship the door is to the launderette on Deck 7?  About ready to book for May and am looking at Deck 7.

Thanks.

Hi @CajunGirl2  Laundrette is on the port side.   Right across from 7076.    I had to walk down there to verify for you and thankful I did as a washer was available.   Surprising on a sea day.  😊

There are six washers and six dryers.   Two ironing boards and several laundry baskets.

Joe

90C4C4B5-AF56-42D4-AC67-5172A3549094.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Hi @CajunGirl2  Laundrette is on the port side.   Right across from 7076.    I had to walk down there to verify for you and thankful I did as a washer was available.   Surprising on a sea day.  😊

There are six washers and six dryers.   Two ironing boards and several laundry baskets.

Joe

90C4C4B5-AF56-42D4-AC67-5172A3549094.jpeg

Thank you!  Looking at inside staterooms there and wanted to make sure I don't pick one on the same side where the door to the launderette is.  

Just now, CajunGirl2 said:

Thank you!  Looking at inside staterooms there and wanted to make sure I don't pick one on the same side where the door to the launderette is.  

The inside staterooms, at least on deck 7, on Sirena open into a small cross hallway between the port and starboard sides.   So you would be good with either.

Joe

Just now, JoePDX said:

The inside staterooms, at least on deck 7, on Sirena open into a small cross hallway between the port and starboard sides.   So you would be good with either.

Joe

@CajunGirl2  Here is what the inside stateroom cross hallway looks like.  I am standing in the port side hallway looking toward the starboard hallway.

Joe

48110D44-73BF-4B4F-927E-6A91560FCEF9.jpeg

Edited by JoePDX
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CajunGirl2 said:

You will not be disturbed by the infrequent foot traffic in that area, if that is your concern.

@shepherd really and @JoePDX, thanks for the input.  I'm looking at the inside cabins that back up to the launderette.  I do see now that there is a hallway where the doors to the cabins are.  I'm not concerned about foot traffic as much as hearing the door to the launderette open and close.  Hopefully no one would be doing laundry super early in the morning or super late at night.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CajunGirl2 said:

@shepherd really and @JoePDX, thanks for the input.  I'm looking at the inside cabins that back up to the launderette.  I do see now that there is a hallway where the doors to the cabins are.  I'm not concerned about foot traffic as much as hearing the door to the launderette open and close.  Hopefully no one would be doing laundry super early in the morning or super late at night.  

I believe the room opens at 7:30am  to 10pm

they is  a soft closer on the door so it does not bang shut

Your neighbours will probably make more noise  as  some people cannot seem to hold the cabin door until it closes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A nice leisurely day onboard Sirena yesterday.   Finally made it to Tea - it was Cupcake day.   😊

We just had our fourth night of moving the clock forward an hour.   We have two more to go…. Biggest drawback of an eastbound TA.  Has really messed up our sleep pattern. 

We have had two amazing guest entertainers onboard.  Martin Kaye is a piano man showman of the highest order.   If he sails with you don’t miss him.   We have also had singer Becky Porter.   What a voice and a delightful stage presence, her first time on Oceania.  We missed both of their first shows and regret it.  Both of them have been all over the ship interacting with passengers.   

Today the Captain and Staff Captain are doing a Q&A at 10:30.   According to CD Gary this is the first time since pandemic.   Looking forward to it.

We had breakfast in our stateroom yesterday, so no sticky bun quality check.   Heading up to Terrace Cafe shortly….fingers crossed they are good and sticky.   🍀

Waves up to 11 feet today and increased winds.   According to Captain there is a storm north of us.   He says it will not affect us other than the waves and wind.  

All continues to be great on Sirena.

Joe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2