How fast arrival disembark and cab for Bermuda Private Excursion?

NJRonbo

Bermuda timing question:

Ship arrives 8:30am
Location of privately booked Excursion: 20-25 minute cab drive from dock
Need to arrive at location 9:15am

Do we have enough time to get off the ship with the crowd and find a cab at dock by 8:50am?

How promptly is disembarkation according to posted arrival time? Is it easy to get a cab with the swarm of passengers disembarking at the same time?
Edited by NJRonbo

It's going to be very tight. I've cruised to Bermuda many times and we were delayed by fog a good many of those times. If you do arrive on time, the ship has to clear customs.  If all goes well and they let passengers off on time, will you be competing for cabs with a 5000 passenger ship also docked where you are?  I've been there where I've had to wait for a cab. There's a frequent poster who is an expert on Bermuda (Charles, I think), he should be able to give you some advice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That is what I was going to say, Why stress yourself out on the first day? Just schedule it for day 2.

For Day 2, since the ship is already docked, any idea how early disembarkation would be?

2 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

For Day 2, since the ship is already docked, any idea how early disembarkation would be?

You can disembark at any time during your stay in port, including throughout the night and early morning.  

Edited by JFontaine
  • Like 1

Just now, NJRonbo said:

No clue - my first Bermuda cruise is July. I'd imagine once docked you can come and go as you wish. At least that's how it was when I was on a RCCL ship docked overnight in Venice - once cleared we could come and go at will until all aboard time.

24 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Maybe we should pick a later time, or, keep the same time but pick the second day in port instead of the first since there will be no custom clearance issues.

Thanks for the reply!

Can you contact tour operator and explain?  And then if ship clears on time, text them via WhatsApp and let them know you are on your way.  We run into this sometimes and always stay in touch with vendor via WhatsApp or email.  Always works.  Plus you have a private excursion.  They should accommodate you.

Just now, jean87510 said:

Can you contact tour operator and explain?  And then if ship clears on time, text them via WhatsApp and let them know you are on your way.  We run into this sometimes and always stay in touch with vendor via WhatsApp or email.  Always works.  Plus you have a private excursion.  They should accommodate you.

We are in Bermuda for 3 days.

I am going to switch it to day #2 instead of day#1.  Seems like the smartest thing to do.

Someone also said on Facebook that the ship arrival time and local time are probably different due to the time zone change.  Not sure if that is accurate.

Just now, NJRonbo said:

Jet Ski excursion Somerset Bridge

Ah.  I thought so.  Your call to move excursion.  Word of advice if they don't provide transportation back.  Try to get cab to come back for you.  Look at bus schedule near there.  Or download an app called Hitch (Bermudas lyft or uber).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Ah.  I thought so.  Your call to move excursion.  Word of advice if they don't provide transportation back.  Try to get cab to come back for you.  Look at bus schedule near there.  Or download an app called Hitch (Bermudas lyft or uber).  

Thank you for that.

I wrote them and they said they would call a cab for us

I will download that app as well though I would have to depend on there being a WiFi connection to book it prior to leaving the ship.  Thank You.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Thank you for that.

I wrote them and they said they would call a cab for us

I will download that app as well though I would have to depend on there being a WiFi connection to book it prior to leaving the ship.  Thank You.

We got stranded at a dock near there for a boat rental so luckily I had made my husband download the app as he has international plan when traveling.  

• Like 1