Baltimore Cruise Port area hotels

P&PNH

Hello everyone.  We are looking for a hotel in the Baltimore area that we could stay at prior to our cruise in October.  We would like one where we could leave our car safely, and they supply a shuttle to/from the port.  If any one has has a recommendation for a clean safe place, we would appreciate it.  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, P&PNH said:

Hello everyone.  We are looking for a hotel in the Baltimore area that we could stay at prior to our cruise in October.  We would like one where we could leave our car safely, and they supply a shuttle to/from the port.  If any one has has a recommendation for a clean safe place, we would appreciate it.  Thanks!

We've stayed at the Best Western Arundel Mills on Dorsey. In January our FB Group for our 14 day cruise nearly took over the hotel . It was great.

So I didn't have a car, but I stayed at the Courtyard on McHenry Row and really liked it. There wasn't a shuttle at the time, but it is a very short Uber as can see the terminal (it would be (in theory) walkable but not fun with luggage). They have park and cruise options that I saw when booking. It's in a plaza with a Harris Teeter and a couple of restaurants. I'm planning on staying there again this year.

3 hours ago, leen50 said:

We've stayed at the Best Western Arundel Mills on Dorsey. In January our FB Group for our 14 day cruise nearly took over the hotel . It was great.

I think that this is the same Best Western that I stayed in Called Best Western Elkridge on Dorsey Road.  I have not been there since COVID but I have stayed there several times and have loved it.  Nice Restaurant across the parking lot.  Lots of cruisers stay here and we get to meet for the free breakfast the morning of the cruise.  Free shuttle to and from the port.  Definitely would stay there again WITHOUT hesitation!  as a widow and solo traveler,  I feel completely safe in the surroundings. 

42 minutes ago, elsie3939 said:

I think that this is the same Best Western that I stayed in Called Best Western Elkridge on Dorsey Road.  I have not been there since COVID but I have stayed there several times and have loved it.  Nice Restaurant across the parking lot.  Lots of cruisers stay here and we get to meet for the free breakfast the morning of the cruise.  Free shuttle to and from the port.  Definitely would stay there again WITHOUT hesitation!  as a widow and solo traveler,  I feel completely safe in the surroundings. 

Yes, it's the same hotel. We didn't eat at that restaurant since we were tired from our 9 hour drive. We ordered in California Grill and Pizza. They delivered to the lobby. Excellent menu w/o having to order Pizza - hubby is Gluten Free.

4 hours ago, P&PNH said:

We are looking for a hotel in the Baltimore area that we could stay at prior to our cruise in October.

Check Trinity Reservations for hotel/parking packages. I used Trinity years ago for the Best Western Elkridge property & was satisfied. I used Trinity March 2022 at a location in Baltimore, closer to the port. The negative with the Baltimore location was that the shuttle only left the hotel at 1 specific time in the morning & when it reached the port, that was the only return shuttle to the hotel. I waited more than 2 hours for the return shuttlle upon disembarking.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.  We will check them out.  Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Conference center on the north side of town?  Seems to have mixed reviews.  

Yes, we stayed at the B&W Conference Center last July. The price for park, stay and cruise was reasonable. The hotel and room, not 5 star but clean. The package included breakfast and they have a shuttle to port. It was a bit disorganized but we have been through worse. We had a quick dinner bite at the hotel restaurant that was sufficient for us. 

Thanks for the response.  My guess is your car was safe while you were gone, and the shuttle picked you up after the cruise OK.  Just need a clean bed, and towels for a night.  

On 3/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, P&PNH said:

Thanks for the response.  My guess is your car was safe while you were gone, and the shuttle picked you up after the cruise OK.  Just need a clean bed, and towels for a night.  

yes, our car was safe, well lit parking lot and a number of cruisers were using the hotel. We came in a day early and the hotel runs a shuttle to the Inner Harbor. We spent the day visiting the Navy ships and had a late lunch at one of the restaurants. There were limited options for food around the hotel or places to walk to. 

The shuttle to the port was a bit confusing as it is an independent company. There is a desk in the lobby the morning of departure. You put your name on the list and they call you at your turn. The shuttle runs to port and then back so you could be waiting. It wasn't a big deal to us and we just waited our turn. (Maybe 3 runs? an hour?) Coming back, the shuttle was there but we had to wait until the van filled. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, cruisernh said:

Does the grocery store near Courtyard Mchenry sell any wine, beer or hard liquor?

As far as I know, Maryland law prohibits liquor sales except in liquor stores. Many will deliver to your hotel. There's an App, I think it's Drizzly

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, elsie3939 said:

Assuming you flew into BWI? Two quick questions:

1. How was it getting from BWI to this hotel? Did you take an Uber or otherwise? Is there a hotel shuttle to the airport?

2. How was the process/timeliness of the hotel shuttle to the cruise terminal/port?

• 2 months later...
Just now, sea_u_onboard said:

I would like to know also. 

On 5/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, Waymer44 said:

Assuming you flew into BWI? Two quick questions:

1. How was it getting from BWI to this hotel? Did you take an Uber or otherwise? Is there a hotel shuttle to the airport?

2. How was the process/timeliness of the hotel shuttle to the cruise terminal/port?

10 minutes ago, sea_u_onboard said:

We have been staying at the Best Western on Dorsey. Usually drive & leave our car. The hotel shuttle takes us to the port and picks us up. Recently we flew to BWI. Hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone stayed at either the Dorsey or O'Donnell BWs recently, that can confirm if a shuttle to the port is still provided?

I just contacted the Conference Centre one to see if the shuttle was complimentary without a park-n-stay package, and was told they didn't have them to/from the cruise terminal or airport!  No explanation that they'd discontinued the service, or that it was only offered at another BW, so not sure what to think.

2 hours ago, leen50 said:

We've stayed BW on Dorsey several times. In May they had a shuttle. I can't guarantee that for you. You can contact them if you want to make sure 

Thanks, I spoke to someone at their front desk.  There's a complimentary port shuttle for package customers, otherwise it's $40.  I'm guessing a taxi would be less?

46 minutes ago, cityguy300 said:

Thanks, I spoke to someone at their front desk.  There's a complimentary port shuttle for package customers, otherwise it's $40.  I'm guessing a taxi would be less?

Last year we took a taxi from the terminal to BWI for $35. I don't have any other info but Google does.