Carnival reviews this year

carsastic

Greetings ,

I’ve been on this site for many years , while my wife and I moved on from carnival , I do check in here from time to time to see what’s up and changed . 

Several of our nieces and nephews are planning a cruise ( on carnival ) this summer and looks like quite the turn out. My wife and will be going once they decide what ship /date.  Looks like out of Florida and this summer. 

I have been reading these boards for weeks now to catch up.  I’m looking at the reviews posted on here .  Question, I hope this is allowed .  Is there a way to determine within a review , what is a review by a cruiser /enthusiast  from ones that write reviews for for profit  or work like a TA or influencer? 

If it's glowing about how awesome everything is, it's trash. If it seems like they took a lot of time to make and produce their video, they're likely compensated, especially if they have many travel videos.

No one does that much work for free.

That's difference between what folks say on a place like this or a place where they get paid to say it as "influencers"

• Like 4

Thanks, I certainly get the ones with videos or who have travel sites .. but on this site we have reviews both live and after with tons of pics , often the same people do maybe 4 to 6 a yea and they are certainly enjoyable .. trying to determine  who is sharing the info vs who is doing it for some personal gain?  Nothing wrong with personal gain whatsoever, just need to understand it it going in the review ..

Btw for our upcoming trip we are up to 22 cabins .. yikes .. should be fun .. 

We do our reviews to share our love of cruising  and info with the Cruise Critic community. Nothing more and nothing less. It also helps us to relive the cruises we have taken. The only personal gain is the friendships we have made with fellow Cruise Critic members that we have met on every cruise, and here on the boards. 😎

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We do our reviews to share our love of cruising  and info with the Cruise Critic community. Nothing more and nothing less. It also helps us to relive the cruises we have taken. The only personal gain is the friendships we have made with fellow Cruise Critic members that we have met on every cruise, and here on the boards. 😎

Perfect , thank you .. btw I do enjoy yours and your wife’s review

• Thanks 1

Nobody profits off of anything posted here. Other than whoever it is that owns cruise critic. I'm sure they do very well. If you don't want to run the risk of helping anyone else out just don't click on any links or watch any youtube videos.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Same.

I'm a pretty OCD kind of person, funny how it's increased as I've gotten older, but I try to do as much research as possible beforehand and in turn try to help others.

• Like 3