Edge class vs oasis class

Will be on Celebrity Edge soon and this will be our first time on Celebrity. Last year we had a fantastic cruise on Wonder -our first ever cruise. No we are hooked. Anyone who has been on both classes would like the share  the main differences? Both cruises are in the Western Med. 

2 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

Will be on Celebrity Edge soon and this will be our first time on Celebrity. Last year we had a fantastic cruise on Wonder -our first ever cruise. No we are hooked. Anyone who has been on both classes would like the share  the main differences? Both cruises are in the Western Med. 

I have been on Edge and I have been on Wonder.

100% different vibes if you ask me. Wonder is about excitement and activity and Edge is laid back and chill.

Edge has a LOT more quiet places. Places where you can sit and read a book, nap, or converse with friends. I enjoyed the shows on Edge but they are not on the level of what you are going to see on Wonder. I loved Intense Maximum Performance, 365 Seasons on Ice, and Effectors 2 on Wonder. On Edge I saw Colors of Life and Kaleidoscope and while they were very good they were not as impressive as the Wonder shows.

Food was great on Edge so I would give them the edge there (see what I did there) but Royal food was good

I didn't like Infinite Veranda but it wasn't the worse thing in the world..

Ultimately you'll have to find out for yourself but I would say Edge is a lot more laid back than Wonder.

If you have any specific questions I will try to address.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NightOne said:

100% different vibes if you ask me. Wonder is about excitement and activity and Edge is laid back and chill.

Edge has a LOT more quiet places. Places where you can sit and read a book, nap, or converse with friends. I enjoyed the shows on Edge but they are not on the level of what you are going to see on Wonder. I loved Intense Maximum Performance, 365 Seasons on Ice, and Effectors 2 on Wonder. On Edge I saw Colors of Life and Kaleidoscope and while they were very good they were not as impressive as the Wonder shows.

Food was great on Edge so I would give them the edge there (see what I did there) but Royal food was good

Ultimately you'll have to find out for yourself but I would say Edge is a lot more laid back than Wonder.

Thanks! Although we loved Wonder and its sense of openness and spaciousness (central park was so beautiful and relaxing at night) we kind of missed more quiet places and less kids. We are couple in our 30s without kids and did not use all the bells and whistles (zip lines, rock climbing…) we are more relaxing in the solarium and by the pool with a drink kind of people. So we believe maybe Celebrity and Edge will be more to our liking. 

Edited by Cruiscs
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, NightOne said:

agree with everything said.

9 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Thanks! Although we loved Wonder and its sense of openness and spaciousness (central park was so beautiful and relaxing at night) we kind of missed more quiet places and less kids. We are couple in our 30s without kids and did not use all the bells and whistles (zip lines, rock climbing…) we are more relaxing in the solarium and by the pool with a drink kind of people. So we believe maybe Celebrity and Edge will be more to our liking. 

Oh, I definitely think you will like Edge then. They have this area called the Rooftop Garden which is similar to Central Park but more secluded in my opinion. If you are foodies then you will like Eden. The Magic Carpet is also a very chill place.

We skipped dinner one night and we had the ENTIRE swimming pool and ALL the hot tubs to ourselves for well over an hour. The pool is pretty cool. 

You should try it. I was reluctant because I thought it would be stuffy and too formal all the time but I was surprised and how cool it was. Speaking of formalities, Celebrity does enforce dress codes in the MDRs except on 1st and last night. (and it is not a free for all on those nights)

30s will probably make you among the youngsters on the ship. If I had to guess I would say 40s to early-60s was most of the passengers but that varies by sailing. Also, being out of that age bracket won't have any impact for you. Just pointing it out.

48 minutes ago, NightOne said:

On Edge did you dine at speciality restaurants? 

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

Oh, I definitely think you will like Edge then. They have this area called the Rooftop Garden which is similar to Central Park but more secluded in my opinion. If you are foodies then you will like Eden. The Magic Carpet is also a very chill place.

We skipped dinner one night and we had the ENTIRE swimming pool and ALL the hot tubs to ourselves for well over an hour. The pool is pretty cool. 

You should try it. I was reluctant because I thought it would be stuffy and too formal all the time but I was surprised and how cool it was. Speaking of formalities, Celebrity does enforce dress codes in the MDRs except on 1st and last night. (and it is not a free for all on those nights)

30s will probably make you among the youngsters on the ship. If I had to guess I would say 40s to early-60s was most of the passengers but that varies by sailing. Also, being out of that age bracket won't have any impact for you. Just pointing it out.

We will be on in July so maybe the age demographic will be younger? 

1 minute ago, Cruiscs said:

On Edge did you dine at speciality restaurants? 

We ate at that LePetit Chef and Family one night and the presentation was phenomenal. Food was good too. Highly recommend you do it.

Otherwise, we just ate in the MDR and in the buffet. (and we normally never eat in the buffet)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

We will be on in July so maybe the age demographic will be younger? 

We were on the March 6th, 2022 sailing so technically Spring Break. I could be off on the ages as frankly it doesn't matter but I can say that the ship had very few kids and was not a party crowd.

• Like 1

Edge class of Celebrity for us is a hybrid of Celebrity and RCI. The best of both.

Interesting innovative ships, great entertainment and wonderful food.

Edge class has 4 included restaurants with various cuisine.

French, Italian, Mediterranean and Steak House.

They have same menus + special cuisine section.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

While I don't disagree on that being the general age demographics on Celebrity....Edge class in particular was designed to try to attract a younger crowd to Celebrity.

been on oasis 2x in a crown loft. have a planned trip on ascent in an edge villa. but even not having sailed X before i can tell the suite experience should be better due to the retreat. just having the suite deck on oasis just cant be the same.

i def thing OP needs to try X and report back their research. 🙂

On 3/23/2023 at 3:03 PM, NightOne said:

Celebrity does enforce dress codes in the MDRs except on 1st and last night. (and it is not a free for all on those nights)

If you mean that men needs to wear pants then yes, that's the requirement.Ohterwise no other requirement. YOu can wear jeans and a polo shirt every night to dinner and you'll be just fine on any Celebrity ship. 

On 3/24/2023 at 9:32 PM, kwokpot said:

If you mean that men needs to wear pants then yes, that's the requirement.Ohterwise no other requirement. YOu can wear jeans and a polo shirt every night to dinner and you'll be just fine on any Celebrity ship. 

interesting clarifaication , as I'm betting the actual dress code would state much more stringent requirements

29 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

interesting clarifaication , as I'm betting the actual dress code would state much more stringent requirements

Not by much. By the book on Chic Night, which is the revised more casual version of formal night, it's suggested men were a button shirt or sweater. No jacket is required. But jeans are still allowed on Chic Night BY THE BOOK. In practice you can wear a polo shirt on Chic night and you'll NEVER be turned away from the MDR. I just sailed my 24th Celebrity cruise last month so I'm pretty sure of what's allowed and what's not. 

Edited by kwokpot

On 3/24/2023 at 7:32 PM, kwokpot said:

Yup, no shorts except on first and last night. 🙂