When are we assigned our guaranteed cabin?

dianeh

Perfect question.

we also booked a guarantee cabin for the first time with HAL.

we booked a SC for an Oosterdam cruise in September.

Neptune Suites are sold out for weeks for this cruise - so we are really looking forward to our assignment 😊

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JanDom said:

Perfect question.

we also booked a guarantee cabin for the first time with HAL.

we booked a SC for an Oosterdam cruise in September.

Neptune Suites are sold out for weeks for this cruise - so we are really looking forward to our assignment 😊

Just an FYI, the category, or the ship, being sold out doesn't change when the GTY assignments are made. The staff that makes the assignments follows a certain schedule for the entire fleet as they get each sailing ready.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just an FYI, the category, or the ship, being sold out doesn't change when the GTY assignments are made. The staff that makes the assignments follows a certain schedule for the entire fleet as they get each sailing ready.

We are very excited 🙂

but it seems like we have to wait 10 or more weeks 😵‍💫

on our last cruise on Oceania we booked a cabin by number - but it was very noisy and we did not like the position.

So with a GTY it won’t be our fault if we didn’t like the position 😂

• Haha 3

For my New England & Canada cruise in July on the Volendam I booked GTY Oceanview but received my assignment about 30 days before boarding, but got no e-mail notification, so it could’ve been assigned earlier, but I doubt it.

Just a data point for your consideration.

36 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

For my New England & Canada cruise in July on the Volendam I booked GTY Oceanview but received my assignment about 30 days before boarding, but got no e-mail notification, so it could’ve been assigned earlier, but I doubt it.

Just a data point for your consideration.

Interesting that you received no email saying there was "a change in your booking (= HAL:-speak for "you have been assigned" among other things.  First time we did't get the notification was this March after years of being notificed. 

You had an OV GTY : how did you do?

5 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

You had an OV GTY : how did you do?

We went from an FF (GTY OV) to an E on Volendam.  Can’t complain about the assignment, we ended up being forward which really isn’t my cup of tea, but I’m not under the theater or the galley, so I’m not complaining! 

2 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

We went from an FF (GTY OV) to an E on Volendam.  Can’t complain about the assignment, we ended up being forward which really isn’t my cup of tea, but I’m not under the theater or the galley, so I’m not complaining! 

Excellent. You do have the right attitude for booking GTYs.

• Like 1

Booked a few GTY interior cabins on a few different lines since the restart. In every case I was given an upsell offer to a balcony. I took the offers at a pretty good savings over what it would have cost had I booked a balcony originally. This was just a pleasent surprise and I would have been fine with an inside.

• Like 1

We were on the Eurodam in January and reserved a guaranteed inside cabin.  About a week before the cruise, we were assigned an inside cabin on deck 7, I believe.

A day before we arrived, we were upgraded to an unobstructed oceanview cabin.  At first, we were not real excited as the cabin was pretty close to the main theatre.  However, we really loved having the cabin.  Our only problem was that we had to change the cabin numbers on the luggage tags that we originally printed out.  

We do not pay for upgrades as the only thing that we do in the cabins is sleep, shower and change,  If I am going to spend time in a room, I will stay home.

• Like 2

We generally book guarantees . We are not picky with cabin choices and have never had an issue with cabin location..we are just there to shower and sleep. We have tried different categories but like the HH obstructed view...I say that tentatively because I do not care for the obstruction, but the window is floor to ceiling and brings in a ton of light. I should note that if we are on a Pinnacle class ship we opt for a balcony guarantee as the promenade deck is not a lounging deck like the other categories. We have saved a lot of money going this route..We usually have our assigned cabin about 1 week from sailing.

Edited by pmjnh