Soda, water

Slyfox16

I just came to ask this very question. So bottled water will be confiscated every time we board the ship? Sounds like an unnecessary headache. Is that because we supposed to buy it onboard?

Presumably that means snacks are also banned?

14 minutes ago, TheBigBean said:

Am I likely to be able to smuggle snacks onboard? I was just thinking about this and realised I was planning to have some emergency provisions for the kids.

You can take on dry, packaged commercial products like crackers, etc but partially eaten or home cooked foods cannot be brought aboard.

Great. That's all I need. Thanks for confirming.

Water situation when in the Caribbean is really odd though. I would carry water with me wherever I go, so losing it every time I enter the ship just seems really tiresome, but I guess we'll survive.

4 minutes ago, TheBigBean said:

Water situation when in the Caribbean is really odd though. I would carry water with me wherever I go, so losing it every time I enter the ship just seems really tiresome, but I guess we'll survive.

You can take water off of the ship and I have never had a problem bringing my water bottle back on the ship with a bit of water in it but you cannot take water as in a case of of water or a sodas on the ship.

14 minutes ago, TheBigBean said:

8 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

You can take water off of the ship and I have never had a problem bringing my water bottle back on the ship with a bit of water in it but you cannot take water as in a case of of water or a sodas on the ship.

We would always take water off the ship and never confiscated on our return. Equally, if we'd bought small bottles of soft drinks whilst in port, these wouldn't be confiscated either.  They're not interested in your half empty bottle of warm 7UP 😂

Large bottles or cases of water or soda (I assume this is like Coke/Fanta etc) aren't permitted.

At your initial port of embarkation no liquids are allowed to be brought onboard (soda, water, wine, etc), however afterwards as @CruisingFox27 says, there's never been an issue coming back with a stray bottle of soda, water, or even a few (unopened) beers from Mexico.  

For snacks for the kiddos you CAN bring on pre-packaged items that they might like; that way you have them for ports of call.  Please don't be that person making sandwiches in the breakfast buffet which are then confiscated trying to get off the ship. Worse, is trying to bring fruit into Mexico.  No bueno 🙂

• Thanks 1