MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

The WE works differently. They have no "grand atrium", instead they have what seems such a shopping mall promenade with shops, restaurants, bars and the likes. The calming piano bar seems to be Raj Polo, the tea house (I don't know how that would work here in Europe)... Badly compared the WE seems like a pizza place at Starbucks!... Some of the concepts are great... But the general feeling of the ship seems a clear departure from the whole brand's identity. MSC has never had a so big differentiation on their ship's identity, apart the atrium's use for rock bands on some Seaside class vessels, especially if they sail from the US, hence me to be on the fence regarding the actual full ship's concept success here in Europe. It will be a success the day they can put one of those in the US, on that I've no doubts!... Oh; and believe me: If I could to do a cruise this year, it would no doubt to be the WE!...

Copying oasis class but sadly second best, instead of doing their own thing as before.

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

The WE works differently. They have no "grand atrium", instead they have what seems such a shopping mall promenade with shops, restaurants, bars and the likes. The calming piano bar seems to be Raj Polo, the tea house (I don't know how that would work here in Europe)... Badly compared the WE seems like a pizza place at Starbucks!... Some of the concepts are great... But the general feeling of the ship seems a clear departure from the whole brand's identity. MSC has never had a so big differentiation on their ship's identity, apart the atrium's use for rock bands on some Seaside class vessels, especially if they sail from the US, hence me to be on the fence regarding the actual full ship's concept success here in Europe. It will be a success the day they can put one of those in the US, on that I've no doubts!... Oh; and believe me: If I could to do a cruise this year, it would no doubt to be the WE!...

Copying oasis class but sadly second best, instead of doing their own thing as before.

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

Great! We’re there in June so I’ll make sure Mr CT gets a pint! 👍

👍

So, tonight was ‘Tropical’ night.  I don’t remember it being a theme, before, but there were quite a few in colourful garb,

We went to Guest Services to ask if we would receive a rebate for today’s unused portion of the Premium drinks package due to being stuck in this … place.  Just received the following in our cabin

A3BB9003-C4FE-4A64-A922-0C8EE1D78C94.thumb.jpeg.9af53cc1e5d5b578d0532b062c8485cf.jpeg

I’ve checked our onboard account and we have, indeed, received €80 OBC. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sidari said:

I don't believe so. Entirely different concepts! In paper this ship would to be a great concept, despite being a huge departure from MSC's identity. RCI uses to change the ship's identity by ships classes, and that facilitates them to have a new identity each time they launch a new class. So; now MSC has a single identity that runs all of their ships other than for a partial use of the atrium in some ships that sail a particular region... That means that when booking an MSC cruise the clientele mostly knows what may be going at each one's place on the full fleet. Not anymore with the WE!

WE is incredibly a wonderful ship, made of barely the Oasis class prototype hence the similarities, but it corrects some of Oasis failures: They've a 2 decks buffet, the aqua theater is replaced with an enclosed lounge, there is no central park garden paving the way for a better organized full inside, the inside and outside promenades are directly linked paving the way for better crowd control and so on! The decoration is distinctively MSC focused. What I don't like is their fail on being attentive to the trademark details: No bar by deck 5 MDR's entrance with the grand piano. The piano bar was relegated to a tea house (would work well on the US or Southampton based cruises, sadly not so much on the Med); no free food by the outside promenade on deck 8, and I could go on. I hope they have something more akin to their identity lines for World III and IV, even though I also believe that some of the new features for young family cruising are the future of cruising!

So, purely for research purposes, you understand (and to clarify for those sceptics amongst you) I have ordered an alcoholic beverage (an MSC signature cocktail, Skyfall) not included in Premium Extra, to test the rumours swirling that MSC, in their wisdom, really have introduced the ‘Pay the difference’ policy.  I have been assured that will be the case.  I will check my onboard account later and report back. 

Now that I have it in front of me, I distinctly remember having this in Venchi on Seashore and disliking it intensely.  The things I endure in the name of research for this site. 🤣🤣

DB5F1B21-39B6-4BB4-954E-C480C00CF5A7.thumb.jpeg.83e057c56e3cab6689b2724f637726a0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A couple of things to report (before my battery dies).  La Dolce Vita, the main lounge in the Galleria, is really small.  Seems they didn’t learn anything from Mera class.  Don’t know if this photo quite captures it

4F25E496-4AB2-49D4-8689-359FB6C3373C.thumb.jpeg.85e5cc4bab6f654845f66493fe9a2f35.jpeg

The area outside, with tables on either side of the Galleria, is very popular and tables are always occupied.  Can’t see the attraction, myself

A7578A96-BDDB-44BC-A63A-ABB119810E38.thumb.jpeg.b83dedee46328ad42916f1f0e1bad1a5.jpeg

All of the wine bottles on display in the windows of one of the MDRs (the Hexagon?) were removed while we were in that … place, Jeddah.  

8A4C8253-B9FF-497B-99E6-3EA8ADBF1153.thumb.jpeg.7fcfe0675b96fdf05fb577eef2b07fbe.jpeg

• Like 2

So, Diamond ‘party’ at 5.15pm.  We know the cruise director from another sailing so we will go just to say hi.  From what we were told by our room steward ( you may remember the dearth of robes early on due to Diamond and Aurea numbers) it may be a very well-attended event. 

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Drumroll, please ……

paid a total of €1.15 for my Skyfall (which I’m beginning to take a liking to 😁)

B3B20688-5275-4F2D-BCBE-67F78B314CA8.jpeg.2345f6f7ec2ed7b5ebf58f2c7d05631f.jpeg

I just think you're happy you can have alcohol again haha!😏

• Haha 1

The waiter here has informed me that there will be other liquor items added to Premium Extra when the ship begins its Med season.  Hopefully we will see early confirmation of this. I, personally, will follow the subject with interest for our Musica sailing in October. 

3 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

I just think you're happy you can have alcohol again haha!😏

Had no problem having alcohol yesterday.  Didn’t you see our stocked mini-bar - several beers and 2 bottles of Prosecco?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Had no problem having alcohol yesterday.  Didn’t you see our stocked mini-bar - several beers and 2 bottles of Prosecco?

I did indeed, I just thought that wouldn't last you the whole day/night

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you for following along. 

Actually, it’s an old expression that Guinness didn’t travel well.  These days, things have changed.  Also, there’s an art to pulling a good pint and, until recent years, it wasn’t served correctly in foreign pubs, but that, too, has changed.  

Mr B reckons the very best place to get a good pint in Dublin is in Dublin airport!

Actually, last time we were at 51st and Green, I had the worst pint ever!  Best was at the top of the Guinness Store.  We were given passes to go again this summer. A booze tour, with passes to Jameson, Bushmills, and Tullamore D.E.W.

40 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Actually, last time we were at 51st and Green, I had the worst pint ever!  Best was at the top of the Guinness Store.  We were given passes to go again this summer. A booze tour, with passes to Jameson, Bushmills, and Tullamore D.E.W.

Interesting (about the airport - Mr B hasn’t ever had a complaint.  Maybe it’s cos he’s usually having one at 5 in the morning. 🤣

If the hopstore doesn’t serve the very best pint, there really is something wrong!!!   We get passes every year to visit.  Reckon it’s best to leave it to the tourists. 😆😆😆

The first Mr B worked for Irish Distillers (seeing a pattern here, anyone 😳) and they used to arrange fantastic weekends away to distilleries - including Bushmills, Middleton and, the smallest distillery in Scotland (can’t remember the name).  Dem were the days.