Please enlighten me on the Spa... what is included? what has a fee?

I have gotten a few massages, but I have never used any of the other Spa facilities. What do they have in the Spa (Voyager class ships in particular) that you can use for free? Hot tub? Sauna? I have heard something about thermal chairs?

What is the procedure for this, do i just walk in and tell them what i want to use?

Help I'm Spa illiterate!!!!

Thanks

Jen~

Going Platinum May 7th on Adventure of the Seas!

There is a large hot tub just outside the dressing rooms on the gym level. There are both a sauna and a steam room inside those dressing rooms. The showers in dressing rooms are MUCH roomier than those in cabins. There are also lockers in the dressing rooms.

On the Serenade, there is no charge for using the steam sauna and shower area. You can just walk in and use them. The showers are nice size and are easier for shaving legs etc. They also have a scale in there...just in case you want to moniter your weight. There was a fee for the thermal chairs. I enjoyed the sauna dialy.....very relaxing. Also mens and womens were seperate. Renee

I love the SPA area. It is so relaxing. The large hot tub is free, the dry sauna and steam rooms are free and of course the nice large hot showers. If you want any special SPA treatments, there are employees on the SPA level that can let you know how much the treatments are. I never signed up to get any special treatments like a facial, body massage, reflexology (foot massage), and other nice things. One of my friends did a reflexology treatment which she says was absolutely wonderful (I think it was $50).

What do they have in the Spa (Voyager class ships in particular) that you can use for free? Hot tub? Sauna? I have heard something about thermal chairs?

Although my information is from the Radiance, all of the spas are run by the same concession. But this should give you a good idea. They do run tours the first day during embarkation. Sometimes they raffle spa treatments off during one of the Bingo sessions, too. There tend to be discounts during port times. These are the prices from last week:

Hydralift facial or Aromapure facial 50 minutes - $109

Pro-collagen marine facial 50 minutes - $130

Pro-collagen eye zone therapy 30 minutes - $60

Aroma Stone Therapy 75 minutes - $175

Deep Tissue Muscle Massage 50 minutes $116

Swedish Massage 25 miutes $72 or 50 minutes $109

Reflexology 50 minutes $109

Cellulite reduction 50 minutes - $145

Body Composition Analysis - 30 minutes $33

Chakra Balancing Capsule 25 minutes $50 or 50 minutes $66

Let me know if you want the prices and choices for wraps and more "exotic stuff" they start ay $176 and go up from there.

They also offer "Spa Tasters" where you pick 2 things for 25 minutes each. I did a 25 minute reflexology and 25 minute shoulder, neck, upper back massage for $89 (regularly $109 but we were in port).

Have fun!

OK, murf...I read about it on one of the other threads...seems it is some sort of 'couples' think ...something to do with a private room and 'mud' then after...45mins (i think) a shower like 'rain' comes down from the celing...not real sure...but thats what I get from the other discussion...

wooff--and all of that is ...(you guessed it) ON THE SHIP!!!:D :D

L&J...did they offer the Rasual (sp?) 'treatment'? That sounds fun...;)

I don't see anything like that on the menu I brought back with me. I also just took a look at the web site...http://www.steinerleisure.com/steinerSite.html But I do remember something like that being described on the video presentation on the TV which was narrated by our Cruise director.

They also had a couples massage which sounds great though! ;) They also offered a couples massage class.

OK, murf...I read about it on one of the other threads...seems it is some sort of 'couples' think ...something to do with a private room and 'mud' then after...45mins (i think) a shower like 'rain' comes down from the celing...not real sure...but thats what I get from the other discussion...

wooff--and all of that is ...(you guessed it) ON THE SHIP!!!:D :D

mud, couples, rain..woof im in....on the cruise

......BEACH TOWEL, Linda???? I thought you were saying that it was a great place to pick up.......................

I actually mean beach towel...sorry to disappoint you, "Mom"! You know how the room steward gives you 2 beach towels to start the cruise? I ended the cruise by giving him back about 10 beach towels! 2 went on the chairs on the balcony. One on the vanity chair. A couple for each of us to sit on and dry off with. And oh yes, a couple more to save deck chairs on every deck! ;)

Just kidding about that last one of course!!! No chair hogs on our cruise. Every chair was full all of the time.:)

Archived