Sir Samuel's Lounge ?

Joe33472

On 3/29/2023 at 10:15 PM, Joe33472 said:

The Godiva afternoon tea sounds amazing.  Hope it's still around next year.   Afternoon tea in the Queens Room looks great too.  

The afternoon tea in the Queen’s Room is DW’s highlight of being on a Cunard vessel. I may talk here into a Godiva tea too. Shouldn’t be a hard sell…

19 minutes ago, NE John said:

The afternoon tea in the Queen’s Room is DW’s highlight of being on a Cunard vessel. I may talk here into a Godiva tea too. Shouldn’t be a hard sell…

I've watched some videos of afternoon tea in the Queen's Room and it looks great.   Very lively and having some music would be nice.  Not sure if in PG or other venues there is live music. 

My only concern is that I've been known to spill on myself when eating (despite my best attempts to appear civilized) so food on a coffee table making it's way to my mouth is risky.  And despite sending a bag of clothes to meet us in Southampton, we'll still have limited clothes.   My OH and I are already debating how much space each of us get in the bag being sent to meet us.  🤣

The afternoon tea in PG restaurant seems quieter and served at table height, so probably less risky for me.   Notwithstanding my barbarianism, we're committed to trying afternoon tea in every location at least once.   In addition to Godiva, there is also tea in the champagne room and in the pub too, right?   I've been wondering how we would spend our onboard credit, perhaps this is the way.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burnsva said:

Has anyone clarified if cappuccinos from Sir Samuels are covered by drinks package that includes “specialty hot drinks”?

Yes, that should be covered. We had the standard "drinks package" last year (the one that's often included in the fare for US customer), and I regularly had espressos in Sir Samuel's.

1 hour ago, Joe33472 said:

I've watched some videos of afternoon tea in the Queen's Room and it looks great.   Very lively and having some music would be nice.  Not sure if in PG or other venues there is live music. 

My only concern is that I've been known to spill on myself when eating (despite my best attempts to appear civilized) so food on a coffee table making it's way to my mouth is risky.  And despite sending a bag of clothes to meet us in Southampton, we'll still have limited clothes.   My OH and I are already debating how much space each of us get in the bag being sent to meet us.  🤣

The afternoon tea in PG restaurant seems quieter and served at table height, so probably less risky for me.   Notwithstanding my barbarianism, we're committed to trying afternoon tea in every location at least once.   In addition to Godiva, there is also tea in the champagne room and in the pub too, right?   I've been wondering how we would spend our onboard credit, perhaps this is the way.  

If you are on QM2, Grills tea is the in the Grills Lounge, which has particularly uncomfortable knee height tables with extremely sharp corners. I never come away unscathed.

49 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If you are on QM2, Grills tea is the in the Grills Lounge, which has particularly uncomfortable knee height tables with extremely sharp corners. I never come away unscathed.

Yes, on the QM2.  Thanks for the heads up the location and about the tables.   I'll have to watch my eating manners and my knees!    I'm not sure where I read that afternoon tea for grill guests was in the PG restaurant.   

Edited by Joe33472

3 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Yes, on the QM2.  Thanks for the heads up the location and about the tables.   I'll have to watch my eating manners and my knees!    I'm not sure where I read that afternoon tea for grill guests was in the PG restaurant.   

It is on the QE and QV. On the new ship who knows?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

I've watched some videos of afternoon tea in the Queen's Room and it looks great.   🤣

In addition to Godiva, there is also tea in the champagne room .  

Last September we did the Champagne Hi Tea and it GREAT!

3 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

PG was during the Panademic..

I'm not sure if someone else covered the following:  You can order a latte or capuccino after a meal in one of the restaurants, or for breakfast.  We do this all the time.

In Grills class, the Concierge Lounge on the QM2 has the espresso machine.  In the Grills Lounge one can order a specialty coffee drink.  We often go to the Grills Lounge around 11:00 when it is empty and the first server appears, order a latte, and catch up on the internet or with our puzzles.  Nice quiet space for coffee drinking.

• Like 1