Celebrity cruise- gratuities

Ejane

We're sailing on Celebrity Apex in October. We've booked a Veranda stateroom with the All included package (classic drinks, wifi and gratuities). I'm just wondering if I was to book a massage or a Sea Thermal Suite pass would I need to pay the gratuities on top of that, or would the gratuities already be covered in my All Included package?

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Ejane said:

We're sailing on Celebrity Apex in October. We've booked a Veranda stateroom with the All included package (classic drinks, wifi and gratuities). I'm just wondering if I was to book a massage or a Sea Thermal Suite pass would I need to pay the gratuities on top of that, or would the gratuities already be covered in my All Included package?

Thanks 

That is separate from the grats included in AI. The gratuities in AI cover your cabin steward and your servers. And whatever drinks are included in the Classic drink package (or Premium if you upgrade). If you purchase spa treatments or purchase a drink that has an amount above what is included in your beverage package you will pay a gratuity on those.

Just know that the spa treatment or anything extra will have that added gratuity automatically added to the receipt you receive. There will be a line for additional gratuity. That line is above and beyond the automatic gratuity they added and 100% discretional. 

• Thanks 1

When you pay for them a gratuity is automatically added to the amount.  It is not included in the AI amount.  If you go to a specialty Restaurant you will also be charged a gratuity.  

Gratuities in the AI Package are the daily gratuities added for Room Steward, Dining Room Staff, others that share in this and Butler if in a suite.  Also, gratuities on beverages is included in Beverage Package.  

All included only includes the gratuities for things included in the fare.  Pretty much any service or food or beverage item that you purchase on top of the items included on the fare will have an automatic 18% gratuity added.  This includes any purchases or reservations in specialty restaurants.  Any time you go over the max allowance on your beverage package drink or beverages not included in your package, etc.

7 hours ago, Ejane said:

Thanks 

When going onboard you are leaving EU law so Celebrity (and all other cruise lines also EU lines) can add gratuities to their services. They cannot add later on board gratuities for anything you buy NOW from Ireland online, these prices have to be final.  

Love the Apex.  We have sailed on her three times.  We give additional tips to bartenders, $1. per drink and in Specialty restaurants typically $10 -$20 per couple.  When I went to the hair salon, also gave additional tips, depending upon the level of service.   Also to the cabin attendant.  We bring about $150 for extra tipping.  Chalk it up to misc.