Stroller question

nhtravels

DS and DDIL (with 3 littles) are joining us on our upcoming cruise.  Littles are 5, 2 and 8 months.  DDIL was planning to bring her Uppababy stroller, which I think might be too large.  (The Uppababy holds both the 2 and 8 month old).  

Any experience with this type of stroller?

I cruised many times with a huge Graco Duoglider that held both my twins.  The most important thing is that a double stroller is single width rather than side by side.  They will want the most comfortable stroller possible so the adults can keep going while littles sleep, snack, rest, etc.  

• Like 1

You'd need to compare widths but my Baby Jogger City Elite was ever so slightly too wide to fit through our cabin door on Cunard which was a complete pain because we had to get baby out in the hall and collapse the stroller to get it in the room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the parents are hoping the children fall asleep in the strollers then maybe they would be better getting two cheap umbrella type ones that collapse for storage but are narrow and can get in the cabin and around the furniture.

If they have children who sleep well, or they aren’t worried about sleeping in it, then they would be fine to use the dual buggy in the public areas and then transfer the children from the corridor to their beds and then collapse the buggy and store it under the bed. 

• 2 months later...

A couple outside-the-box thoughts: 

- Have you considered a collapsible folding wagon?  It doesn't provide the structure for the youngest, but it would be handy on island stops to be able to "haul" the two oldest.  They could sit up or they could lie down.  Flexibility.  

- Have you considered a baby sling for the youngest?  I think it'd be useful "around the ship" and also for island stops. 

• 3 weeks later...