NCL Epic 2 Bed Family or Owners Suite

mrshorsy

We are planning to cruise Jul 24 for my sons 21st and 18th Birthdays. They have chosen the route and picked out the Epic sailing from Greece. My question is would the 2 bed family or the Owners Deluxe suit us better as we are in affect 4 adults. We sailed last year in a 2 bed family and it worked well but wondered where the extra beds were in the owners as they wouldnt want to share a sofa bed !

I love the Epic 2 bedrooms but I would take the owners suite.  The second bedroom is for small children.  The twin bed is small and the other son would have to sleep on a bunk.  The Deluxe Owners suite is larger over all.  The pull out sofa bed is quite large. It also has a half bath which would help. If sharing the shower is too much then take the 2 bedroom.  You get better perks with the owners suite too like free soda, water, and a few bottles of alcohol. 

Personal opinion here, but if it was one couple + kids I'd say OS, but with 2 adult couples you really need to have a separate area. Most importantly...TWO BATHROOMS!!! I just checked cruisedeckplans.com and there is only 1 full bathroom but there is a separate WC in the living room / 2nd couple area. 

Having been in a number of 2 bedrooms on different ship classes, this is a favorite foot-plan for us, but especially our kiddo. I suspect that your two adult children will not only appreciate their own space, but be able to take over your living room and the bathroom (and honestly...probably everything else). 😅.

Have a wonderful time planning! Warmest, Amy

We just got off the Epic this past Sunday and we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite.  Our adult 24 year old daughter took the 2nd bedroom and our 23 year old son took the living room.   They shared the 2nd bathroom (but did use our shower a few times) and the storage and closet space in the 2nd bedroom.    Worked out well for us even though I thought the living room would be a little bigger.  We chose this cabin over the OS for the two full bathrooms.

• Like 1

We’ve stayed in an Epic DOS twice and LOVED it, but our son was pre-teen so it wasn’t a big deal having him on the couch. With older kids, I think they would want a bit of privacy— I would do the 2-bedroom just to spread everyone out. The DOS does have a half-bath, so only the shower needs to be shared. DOS has tremendous perks and you will always be accommodated. Just depends on how close your kids want to be and how much you value the larger, nicer space!

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I think we will probably go for the 2 bedroom as 1 will use the 2nd bedroom and the other the lounge. Also they like the fact it opens onto the haven courtyard ! 

2 hours ago, mrshorsy said:

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I think we will probably go for the 2 bedroom as 1 will use the 2nd bedroom and the other the lounge. Also they like the fact it opens onto the haven courtyard ! 

And it also has three TV's.

• Like 1