What to do 130 days in advance?

Monica887

I usually wing it, and only book a shore excursions or two in advance. Little kids, busy life...too much to decide what I want to eat 5 months in advance. But this time I'm ditching the kids, and booking a haven so it has to be perfect. 

What must I do or have prepared 130 days in advance? 

2 hours ago, Monica887 said:

I usually wing it, and only book a shore excursions or two in advance. Little kids, busy life...too much to decide what I want to eat 5 months in advance. But this time I'm ditching the kids, and booking a haven so it has to be perfect. 

What must I do or have prepared 130 days in advance? 

Even though it will still be early, make your specialty dining reservations to ensure you get the times you want. Show reservations, if applicable, are at 21 days. Final payment at 120 days. Outside of that, relax and count down the days.( which always increase in length somehow the closer your cruise gets!). Happy Cruising!

Research your ports of call, specially if you’re visiting a destination or region of the world for the first time.

If I book a cruise way in advance, I spend an insane amount of time looking at various websites, checking for different points of interest and activities. I even pull up the ports of call I’m going to visit on Google maps and set it to street view so that I can “virtually walk” around. 

Best part about doing your research is that you can then ditch the canned and overpriced shore excursions sold through the cruise line. You’ll enjoy a much more authentic experience, tailored by you for you, and you’ll probably save a substantial amount of money by doing things this way. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tapi said:

Research your ports of call, specially if you’re visiting a destination or region of the world for the first time.

If I book a cruise way in advance, I spend an insane amount of time looking at various websites, checking for different points of interest and activities. I even pull up the ports of call I’m going to visit on Google maps and set it to street view so that I can “virtually walk” around. 

Best part about doing your research is that you can then ditch the canned and overpriced shore excursions sold through the cruise line. You’ll enjoy a much more authentic experience, tailored by you for you, and you’ll probably save a substantial amount of money by doing things this way. 

I thought I was the only person that used the virtual walking maps on google...glad to know I am not alone.  I also do the same and research every port, activities, points of interest and DIY walking tours, etc....

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, TSUmom said:

I thought I was the only person that used the virtual walking maps on google...glad to know I am not alone.

It’s a very useful tool. It makes me feel like I’ve already been there and I explore more confidently. 😀

• Like 1