Mason Jar reservation earlier than check in time

We booked a 10a brunch reservation for the Mason Jar on Wonder of the Seas several months ago. 

However, the earliest check-in time available was 11:30a when we checked in online a couple weeks back. 

I’m hoping they’ll let us check in earlier than 11:30a since we have the reservation. Anyone experienced this situation?

Thanks. 

No-one ever boards any Royal ship before 10am. 10.30 is usually the absolute earliest, and then it’s only Pinnacles, suite guests and people who’ve bought the Key. Typically 11am or just before is when general boarding starts for everyone else.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OrlandoTrio said:

Yeah we’re booked Day 1 10a

AA628BE2-611E-42C4-88BA-F943053B4CC1.jpeg

As timF2001 said it is just a place holder. In last weeks Wonder cruise compass it shows Mason Jar open from 11:30 - 1:30 on embarkation day, and then only on sea days for brunch for the rest of the week. Go into your app and look for last weeks specialty dining hours. Or google Wonder cruise compass on the Royal Blog Site.

Thanks for people’s feedback but it wasn’t a placeholder it was a selected time of 10a that was offered when originally booking. Checking the hours of the restaurant in the app shows it operates 11:30-1:30 on Day 1.  Good tip. 

Why RCCL offers time slots earlier than the restaurant opens, no clue. Rebooked for 11:30a. 

76BD16B8-32BB-4451-9D26-D6B19CE8E195.jpeg

8909435D-A2CB-46B3-8A4C-58E93C51A077.jpeg

• Like 1

I had this same scenario in our Feb cruise on Wonder.  Even though I had the earliest boarding slot and a suite, they didn't open the restaurant until 11:30.  We waited in the bar area until opening. I am still baffled why they took an earlier reservation than when they actually open, but it should be fine.

Melinda