New to Platinum

argyll1881

I've just hit the platinum level and have a question about boarding.  Previously I paid for Priority Boarding and the order was 1. people who needed extra assistance, 2. higher latitude levels, 3. priority boarding, 4. group 1 etc.  Does Platinum get me into the second group or is it just even higher levels ?  Also, if I am sharing a cabin with someone who isn't platinum, can they board with me or do I have to abandon them in the waiting area ?

Also, with the two extra speciality dining options, do I just make a reservation and then say that I want to use my Platinum reward ? 

Thanks for any guidance.

Yes, usually platinum get proority boarding, after suites and people needing assistance. It doesn’t always work like that though, so set your expectations.

Just book your meals as normal and take your platinum voucher (which will be in your room) along when you dine.

The only thing to watch out for is that as you will likely be booking more meals than you have dining credits for you need to book any fixed price ones (Modernonor Teppanyaki) first to avoid being charged. The link in my signature explains this. It is a bit out of date but that bit is still correct.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, usually platinum get proority boarding, after suites and people needing assistance. It doesn’t always work like that though, so set your expectations.

Just book your meals as normal and take your platinum voucher (which will be in your room) along when you dine.

The only thing to watch out for is that as you will likely be booking more meals than you have dining credits for you need to book any fixed price ones (Modernonor Teppanyaki) first to avoid being charged. The link in my signature explains this. It is a bit out of date but that bit is still correct.

Thanks Keith. I don’t see a signature at all…unless I’m being really dense which is always a possibility !!

Depending on the port you will have to be ready to head to the entry way. Only every now and then is there a designated sitting area. We have sailed out of New Orleans more times than i can count and was told by 3 different employees no area for platinum.  Well didnt i see a large group gathered behind a rope and ask…..yes, platinum. 

You will love the free one bag of laundry.  Be sure to roll your clothes tight for fitting into the bag. I take a picture just in event i am missing something (which has never happened) clothes comes back better than i do my own laundry. You can throw your roommates  clothes in if need be.

yes, rooms are can board with you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, argyll1881 said:

Thanks Keith. I don’t see a signature at all…unless I’m being really dense which is always a possibility !!

It appears that you don't see signatures by default.  You can change that in your profile settings.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

It appears that you don't see signatures by default.  You can change that in your profile settings.

Yes, that was it.  I would never have found that in a million years so thanks for the steer.

For the lattitudes dinners, you'll get a coupon in your room at embarkation. Take it with you when you want to cash it in. When you check in at the podium, just give them the coupon with your keycard and they'll note it on your table that you're using the lattitudes coupon instead of your credit or a la carte.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

For the lattitudes dinners, you'll get a coupon in your room at embarkation.

Yep.  Look for either a cardstock thingy saying "welcome Platinum/Latitudes/(I forget)" or just a letter size piece of paper.  I've had both on recent cruises.

• Thanks 1