Promo Code - Booking New Cruise after Previous Cruise

wdw1972

I'm just off Nieuw Statendam 3/18 and was waiting for the 2024/25 Caribbean season to be announced to book future cruises.  That happened earlier than I expected - this week!  Typically sometime after the cruise HAL sends and email with a small obc incentive to book another cruise (or several).  I don't have any of those old emails saved, so I'm reaching out here.

Does HAL still do this?  Would someone share one they've received recently??  I'm pretty sure the code is generic, and not tied to a mariner number so it "should" work.  We're ready to book a couple cruises for 24/25.

Thanks in advance!

Sue/WDW1972

I think you need to receive the e-mail first. Right after my last cruise (and before I received the Welcome Back e-mail) I booked another cruise. My TA (who is awesome) tried to get the promo code applied and the HAL representative refused. Once I received the e-mail I asked my TA to try again. She was told it couldn't be applied to an already booked cruise. She told them she tried to have it applied when booking the cruise but HAL wouldn't budge. I have given up!

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Must be for new bookings only.  In the past I have used it without getting the email, but not certain it will still work.

The email now contains a link that brings up an image that has the name and Mariner number of the person receiving the offer plus an expiration date. My TA asked for that image or e-mail. I had already saved the graphic, so it was no problem.

I have received such e-mails about a week apart for a couple months or so after each of our recent cruises. Each one has an expiration date that's about a week after the previous one.

I guess HAL has changed the Thank You For Sailing email promotion.  I today received my 4th such email based on my Feb sailings.  They come every Friday and each has an expiration date 60 days from the day I received it.  Never had this happen before, when it was just one email (for 60 days).  Glad for the change however as it gives me more time to plan.

5 hours ago, Windsailer said:

I think you need to receive the e-mail first. Right after my last cruise (and before I received the Welcome Back e-mail) I booked another cruise. My TA (who is awesome) tried to get the promo code applied and the HAL representative refused. Once I received the e-mail I asked my TA to try again. She was told it couldn't be applied to an already booked cruise. She told them she tried to have it applied when booking the cruise but HAL wouldn't budge. I have given up!

Perfect timing - the email arrived while we were out at dinner tonight.  I've forwarded it to my TA along with info on the cruises I want her to book.

Sue/WDW1972