Montreal - port and transportation questions

Moriah

Our cruise ends in Montreal on a Saturday, and I am thinking of renting a car for a one way trip to Burlington, VT.  Does anyone know:

1. Name of cruise port HAL uses in Montreal

2. Nearest car rental location? Would we have to Uber to YUL to get a car? That wouldn't be so bad, but it looks from Google maps that it's about a 30 minute drive so I wondered if there is a closer car rental possibility.  Perhaps even right at the port?

Any info or your experiences would be greatly appreciated!

You should be at the Iberville cruise terminal pretty close to the center of town:

image.png.5d152f5cfbe717171eca24f3aaee8698.png

It appears there are several rental companies close to the port but the question is will they be open to a one way rental to the US.  I would suggest starting with your favorite rental company and trying a mock booking from a central Montreal location to see what they come up with,

Roy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

You should be at the Iberville cruise terminal pretty close to the center of town:

Thanks, I've started to look for rentals one way, and none of the locations other than the airport seem to want to do that.  When I put in any other location it says "sold out for that day".  No big deal. I think I've decided to book with Budget from YUL and return same day to Burlington.  But if anyone has any first hand experience with this kind of thing I would love to hear it.