Virgin Resilient Lady short cruise restaurant plan

hammo

This is a help suggestion please for a tiny 2 night cruise out of our home town Melbourne - we rarely get to sail from home so are doing this taster cruise just cause -  and being Elite with Celebrity , Platinum with Princess etc etc , just want to see what the Virgin Voyage is all about . We have looked at many YouTube 's on dining and are needing advice . For such a short sail - please recommend where and what we should try and get to . I know its ridiculously just a sample but we would like to try as much as possible and yes we are happy to jump around and try as much as possible . Any advice would be most appreciated . 

Personally I would prioritise Pink Agave and then either Test Kitchen or Gunbae. 
The Wake and Razzle Dazzle can also be done for brunch. Extra Virgin is good, but Test Kitchen and Gunbae offer something different. Unless you regularly go to Korean BBQ anyway. 
Pink Agave is just my favourite anyway, the food is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Similarly to the above, I'd do Razzle Dazzle and THe Wake for breakfast/brunch.  The Wake serves a filet mignon beginning at noon if that is of interest.

I'd skip Test Kitchen as we didn't like it.  We had done Korean BBQ in Tokyo, and found it slightly different but also very good on the ship.  My travel companion favors Pink Agave while my top choice is Extra Virgin.  In fairness, you can get good Italian in most cities, so for something different, I'd do Gumbae and Pink Agave.

ALL the restaurants have good food, but you basically can only choose 2 for dinner and one or 2 for breakfast/brunch.  On embarkation day, try The Dock for lunch.  The brunch restaurants will not be open.

My advice is look at the menus for all the restaurants, including the brunch menus, and make your plans based on what is most appealing to you. You will get a million different opinions on this as everyone has their favorites and least favorites, and rarely do they all line up perfectly which is why the choices on Virgin are so great. Personally, we love Test Kitchen and will do it every time we sail ( we even did it twice in one sailing once!), Gumbae is fun, but the food for me isn't a match. Loved Extra Virgin and Pink Agave. Would eat at Razzle Dazzle any time of day. Never tried Wake for dinner as the menu didn't appeal and our brunch experience was only so-so...

But you can easily find someone (or more) who feels the opposite to me, so think more about what appeals to YOU. Look for videos if seeing what the food looks like will help. You've got some tough choices!

• Like 3