LIVE- The World's Longest Trip Report (Luminosa 4/13 - 5/4)

EngIceDave

9 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

I booked the Luminosa for Sep 2024 when it goes back to Australia from Seattle because the price was good.  I'm still up in the air about whether or not I should do this cruise because it has so many sea days (17).

Do it.

Still a trip of a lifetime

As Ferris says "If you have the means, I highly recommend one"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Great thread, thanks for taking us along on the ride.  

Honestly, it was my pleasure. It was fun for me. Kept me and my mind busy looking for things to share, and my primary intent was information on Luminosa, because there seemed so little available. Every video was some glowing review from an Aussie influencer/free ride....Bahhh....I want something substantial.

So, I dug around a lot and it was fun. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 4/13/2023 at 7:07 AM, EngIceDave said:

Oh...while in line to check in, noticed a hat a man was wearing, Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Asked if he lived there, said yes....we live literally across the street in another development and shop the same Publix

That's what are the odds small world schnit there....

You must live in LPGA!!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:53 AM, EngIceDave said:

It's now totally official, I have become "old"

The music in the MDR is all "my music" with Led Zeppellin, Tom Petty, The Ramones, Madonna, Rick James, Devo and B-52's....

We found a banana....well, half a banana

image.thumb.jpeg.d4ee5954940d5861d5a4bb2adaf6044d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c1d07ddc734066f333189c22f2724366.jpeg

You just had to get covid.  You could order all the banana's you wanted and they were also bringing me 2-3 of those big $4 bottles of water 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, irie0518 said:

You just had to get covid.  You could order all the banana's you wanted and they were also bringing me 2-3 of those big $4 bottles of water 🙂 

You the lady who got 5 days, mentioned it on the Facebook group?

Still wonder how "De-Australia" the ship is now. What kinds of sodas, beer and so on...

10 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

You the lady who got 5 days, mentioned it on the Facebook group?

Still wonder how "De-Australia" the ship is now. What kinds of sodas, beer and so on...

No I'm not on facebook so that wasn't me.  When we got back on in Moorea I had a sore throat so I took a test and it came up positive right away.  I felt pretty crappy for 2 days and then turned the corner to feeling better.  The last 3 days in quarantine were the worst.  I was in an inside room and was going stir crazy.  I watched Food network until it started repeating every day and then would just put the Forward camera on and just watch the outside that way. Luckily if it had to happen it did at the best possible time.  I got released from quarantine on the morning of Honolulu(the day we were supposed to be there).  And I didn't have to do the customs thing.  Guest services just came and got my passport and did it for me.  They also gave me free wifi for the rest of the cruise so that kept me occupied a bit.  I guess you didn't watch too many of the live acts but we really enjoyed the rock band that played in the ocean plaza most nights.  And the two solo acoustic guys were pretty good too.  The girl at the piano bar was entertaining, her voice sounded overworked a few of the times we watched her.  There was also a more extensive room service menu.  There was a QR code on the wall by the phone.  Some of the things I got from there were acutally pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, irie0518 said:

No I'm not on facebook so that wasn't me.  When we got back on in Moorea I had a sore throat so I took a test and it came up positive right away.  I felt pretty crappy for 2 days and then turned the corner to feeling better.  The last 3 days in quarantine were the worst.  I was in an inside room and was going stir crazy.  I watched Food network until it started repeating every day and then would just put the Forward camera on and just watch the outside that way. Luckily if it had to happen it did at the best possible time.  I got released from quarantine on the morning of Honolulu(the day we were supposed to be there).  And I didn't have to do the customs thing.  Guest services just came and got my passport and did it for me.  They also gave me free wifi for the rest of the cruise so that kept me occupied a bit.  I guess you didn't watch too many of the live acts but we really enjoyed the rock band that played in the ocean plaza most nights.  And the two solo acoustic guys were pretty good too.  The girl at the piano bar was entertaining, her voice sounded overworked a few of the times we watched her.  There was also a more extensive room service menu.  There was a QR code on the wall by the phone.  Some of the things I got from there were acutally pretty good.

Because Covid is still around my wife and I get a booster shot right before the cruises we take.  Along with the two Moderna shots, we've now had 5 booster shots. So far, so good.  We just got our 5th booster last week in anticipation of our upcoming June Alaskan cruise.

This past January we took a 16-day round trip from San Diego to Hawaii with Princess and a heck of a lot of people caught covid.  The ship had a large number of balcony cabins on deck 12 set aside for quarantine.  So many people caught Covid that once those cabins were all filled, they just quarantined passengers in their own cabins.  The cabin next door to us ended up being quarantined for the last 5 days of the cruise.  I made sure I was not on our balcony when our neighbors were on theirs.

10 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Because Covid is still around my wife and I get a booster shot right before the cruises we take.  Along with the two Moderna shots, we've now had 5 booster shots. So far, so good.  We just got our 5th booster last week in anticipation of our upcoming June Alaskan cruise.

This past January we took a 16-day round trip from San Diego to Hawaii with Princess and a heck of a lot of people caught covid.  The ship had a large number of balcony cabins on deck 12 set aside for quarantine.  So many people caught Covid that once those cabins were all filled, they just quarantined passengers in their own cabins.  The cabin next door to us ended up being quarantined for the last 5 days of the cruise.  I made sure I was not on our balcony when our neighbors were on theirs.

We're a pretty keep to ourselves couple. Not into bars, we don't drink. So we kind of keep to ourselves. If we ever saw anyone with a mask, we respected it and gave them a wide berth...maybe they were afraid of us or we should be afraid of them....So, plenty of space and empty elevator for those folks.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise with you and your review is pretty spot-on with our experiences also.  She isn't our favorite ship, but we had a good time and just booked the 30 day return to Brisbane via Seattle, Alaska, Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines.  We figure all of the Aussie bacon will be purged by then 😉

John

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eliot Ness said:

We were on this cruise with you and your review is pretty spot-on with our experiences also.  She isn't our favorite ship, but we had a good time and just booked the 30 day return to Brisbane via Seattle, Alaska, Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines.  We figure all of the Aussie bacon will be purged by then 😉

John

Did you get the email about the port changes? Nagasaki is replaced by Okinawa.

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Did you get the email about the port changes? Nagasaki is replaced by Okinawa.

Yes, that's fine with me, I was stationed in Okinawa in the USAF.  I expect t to see more changes, maybe not actual ports but port times.