Latitudes Promo: Three extra bonus points

LetsGoToo

7 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

We booked last year and booked under triple points. After the cruise, we noticed we only received double. I went back and forth with NCL but they will not honor the original triple points, even though we had the email and confirmed that our sailing date matched the promotion.  It was really disappointing, as our last cruise should have knocked us to Sapphire, but we’re still 6 points away.

A few years back we had something similar happen and NCL did ultimately credit us the points, but in that case we had booked over the phone and asked them to pull the tapes to listen because we knew the agent had specifically said we’d be getting triple points.

Did your confirmation have the code for triple points?

10 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

We booked last year and booked under triple points.

i'm for anybody getting whatever points out of NCL that they can. that being said, excluding suites and haven (that ordinarily get extra points per night), "triple points" means 1X for booking, as per usual, plus 2X additional points for a total of 3X points per night. 

if they say "an additional 3X points per night," that would actually be a 4X promotion.

but if they just say it's a 3X promotion, that is in fact 2X additional points per night.

most cruisers and many travel agents and NCL reps continue to be perplexed by the calculation of bonus points because, A) it's math and B) the marketing is intentionally confusing. if an agent says, "you'll get triple points," there is wiggle room... he or she is not wrong, you do indeed get 3X points, but you don't get three additional points... you get 2 extra points per night on top of the one point you'd normally earn.

I can only speak for myself.  My cruise last april for 7 days in mini suite had code latdblx.  I received 21 points for that cruise.   That's 3 points per night.   My cruise this january balcony cabin for 12 days had code latitude.  I received 24 points.  That's 2 points per night.  I expect my cruise this aug with code latriple to receive 4 points per night.   So the bottom line is if your confirmation says latriple you will receive 4 points per night for balcony/minisuite etc.     Probably one more if haven or suite.   It's a real problem with how promotions are worded.   Easy to misunderstand as UKstages pointed out.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

I think we can see the eligible cruises here (1 normal point plus 3 extra points = 4 points per night total)

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

For some reason I thought Latitude members always got 1 bonus point per night on everything but I don't see that anywhere so guess I was wrong or no longer in effect.

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I had to explain to the CN rep onboard my latest cruise that yes, you can get 3 additional points on certain cruises.  She kept saying my LATRIPLE on an upcoming cruise means 3 total points, not 4.

So I had to go down the list of codes -

Everyone gets 1 point/night - right? Yes

Latitude means 1 additional point - right? Yes

Latdblx means 2 additional points - right? Yes

Then Latriple would mean 3 additional points - right?  Blank stare....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Just thinking out loud, I don’t think LATRIPLE means 3X points plus one.  I think it’s just 3X points.

In other words, you become a Latitude member when you cruise.  That’s 1 point/nte.

Latdblx=2pts/nte

Latriple=3pts/nte

Nope.

Again.....

everyone gets 1 point/nite

If you have the latitude code, you get 1 additional point/nite

If you have the latdblx code, you get 2 additional points/nite

If you have the latriple code, you get 3 additional points/nite.

Since you apparently need proof:

image.png.e27153a9c7f7c0b38aa64877fbd88bc3.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Sadly, I had to explain to the CN rep onboard my latest cruise that yes, you can get 3 additional points on certain cruises.  She kept saying ...(then) Latriple would mean 3 additional points - right?  Blank stare....

LOL, you should challenge the rep by asking what if you are in a Haven suite, could you possibly get a total of 5 points per night, i.e. 15 nights x 5 points per night = 75 points, practically an "instant" jump toward Platinum.  

Somewhere else, buried in the fine prints & disclosures, is that only pax #1 and #2 with Latitudes status will get these LatDLBX or LaTRIPLE promo points.  SIL that just recently cruised with us as Silver ... only received 1 points per night.  Our LatDBLX netted us a total of 3 points per nights or 45 points in total.