Newbie Check-in Question

RTShaker

This has probably been asked and answered numerous times, but...........

As a Princess newbie, I would like to know how the check-in procedure compares to Celebrity. Do you select a boarding (check-in) time and then just breeze through the terminal, or is there still line-ups to get to a counter? And how about the muster drill. Is it a virtual one as on Celebrity? TIA  for  a peek into my future adventure.

Getting into the terminal there is one line for everyone. Once inside there are different lines depending on your level to get to the counter. If you arrive early, from my experience, the lines will be short. 

You view the muster drill on your TV or mobile device once your on the ship.  You also go to your muster station where they scan your Medallion. 

So getting there early, is my preference, to avoid any possible lines later. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😀

You pick a boarding time in the app and arrive during that time frame. Just received an email reminding us that if we show up before our assigned time, we will be asked to leave and return later. Hope this is enforced!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

You pick a boarding time in the app and arrive during that time frame. Just received an email reminding us that if we show up before our assigned time, we will be asked to leave and return later. Hope this is enforced!

No problem for me as I’ve always been in the 1st boarding group. If In forced hopefully their will be less people in the terminal. 

Where are you cruising from & on what ship?

Tom😀

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

No problem for me as I’ve always been in the 1st boarding group. If In forced hopefully their will be less people in the terminal. 

Tom😀

Auckland on the Grand

41 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

I have never seen it enforced (or even checked) sailing out of the Port of LA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

As a Princess newbie, I would like to know how the check-in procedure compares to Celebrity. Do you select a boarding (check-in) time and then just breeze through the terminal, or is there still line-ups to get to a counter? And how about the muster drill. Is it a virtual one as on Celebrity? TIA  for  a peek into my future adventure.

depending on the port you are sailing from there may be longer lines but in LA they are almost always fast & easy...boarding times are not generally checked or enforced,,,muster drill you check in at your station anytime before maybe an hour before sailaway & watch on your TV or mobile device

have a wonderful cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

You pick a boarding time in the app and arrive during that time frame

How?  I don't see anything like that on the app, even though we're all listed as Green Lane.  Does it show up 2 weeks before sailing, like on Carnival?

4 minutes ago, Qextor said:

How?  I don't see anything like that on the app, even though we're all listed as Green Lane.  Does it show up 2 weeks before sailing, like on Carnival?

Go into Personal Information  and Documents, then under "Arrivals"  you will be able to pick your time.

37 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

23 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

depending on the port you are sailing from ...

Sailing out of Quebec City on the Caribbean Princess.

2 hours ago, Qextor said:

it will show up as available somewhere between 60 days & 2 weeks before you sail...they don't give you notice, you just have to keep checking

Our experiences have been that you choose a boarding time. Then you arrive at the port and they will sort you. 

Handicapped

Elite

Platinum

Suites

Everybody else

So it really does not matter.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RTShaker said:

This video is a bit out of date but I think gets you in the right direction https://youtu.be/pCuw1CjHz9U

• Thanks 1