alcohol purchases on b2b

Just curious. We are doing a back to back cruise.   If we purchase a bottle of alcohol in the gift shop on the first cruise, do they deliver it to our room the night before that cruise ends or on the last night of our second cruise? 

Thanks

We received ours on the last night of the first leg. We put our three bottles in checked luggage and had no issue receiving them on the first day of our second leg.  This however is unusual, as only a bottle of wine is technically allowed.  So I would not plan on getting it back through for the second leg and having it held again until you exit your second week.  I hope this helps you plan. 

• Like 1

I bought 4 bottles on the first leg on a b2b on the Adventure last year and it delivered to my room the last night of the first leg. It's hit or miss. I'm D+, so it didn't matter. Five drinks a day is more than enough for me.

• Like 1

It's supposed to be at the end of your last leg.  That's what your B2B letter will tell you.  Your mileage may vary.

I've read that people have paid other passengers and got their alcohol last night of the first leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nimbex1970 said:

We received ours on the last night of the first leg. We put our three bottles in checked luggage and had no issue receiving them on the first day of our second leg.  This however is unusual, as only a bottle of wine is technically allowed.  So I would not plan on getting it back through for the second leg and having it held again until you exit your second week.  I hope this helps you plan. 

If you are B2B why did you have checked luggage for the second leg?  We've done dozens of B2B and our luggage never leaves the ship. It either stays in the cabin or goes from one cabin to another. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

our first one, we first had to change cabins (it was a last minute add on for the second leg), we put our bags out the night before. It was an old habit and didn't research not to do It. Didn't know they would move our luggage to the new room, Also thought we had to do exit customs, lol. added about an hour to the process.  I learned from that one. 

Edited by nimbex1970

55 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

our first one, we first had to change cabins (it was a last minute add on for the second leg), we put our bags out the night before. It was an old habit and didn't research not to do It. Didn't know they would move our luggage to the new room, Also thought we had to do exit customs, lol. added about an hour to the process.  I learned from that one. 

You have to have your B2B linked at guest services and then they leave a letter in your cabin with procedures. You can do that before or on the ship during first leg.

2 hours ago, lvmypug said:

Just curious. We are doing a back to back cruise.   If we purchase a bottle of alcohol in the gift shop on the first cruise, do they deliver it to our room the night before that cruise ends or on the last night of our second cruise? 

Thanks

If you purchase on the last day of first leg you are often able to just leave the shop with your purchase.

• Thanks 1