Are shore excursions free on Seabourn expedition ships?

commodoredave

They are included if it is an "experience".  For example:  "Antarctica Experience" or "South Georgia Experience" basically includes zodiac excursions and transfers to and from an island or landing site with naturalist guides.   However, that does not include kayaks or submarines.  

My experience with an Iceland/Greenland Venture cruise is that some are included while others are extra cost.  Don't believe Kayaks and submarines are included at all.  Really depends on the cruise so no definite answer.

3 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Thanks for the input.

Based on the Seabourn website, my Amazon cruise from Barbados to Manaus is an Expedition trip, which means it should include the Zodiac excursions.

Depending on the ship might make a difference. Only venture and pursuit have enough zodiacs to carry all passengers at once. Believe I have seen other ships like quest doing expedition cruises and they have fewer zodiacs and more passengers so any zodiac tours would need to be held with multiple sessions while pursuit and venture can carry everyone at once. 

On 4/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, rallydave said:

Depending on the ship might make a difference. Only venture and pursuit have enough zodiacs to carry all passengers at once. Believe I have seen other ships like quest doing expedition cruises and they have fewer zodiacs and more passengers so any zodiac tours would need to be held with multiple sessions while pursuit and venture can carry everyone at once. 

We’re on the Pursuit, so we should be okay.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on board Ovation now and yesterday attended a talk about the expedition cruises.

All excursions EXCEPT kayaking and submersibles are included in your cruise fare.  Sometimes two in a day.

10 minutes ago, kbnovak said:

We are on board Ovation now and yesterday attended a talk about the expedition cruises.

All excursions EXCEPT kayaking and submersibles are included in your cruise fare.  Sometimes two in a day.

Not necessarily true. I am going on venture in June for 29 nites on an expedition cruise around ice land and Greenland. There are plenty of included excursions and probably 20 to 30 extra code excursions not including submarine and kayaks. 

there may be some expedition cruises with all excursions included but for sure NOT ALL. 

15 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Not necessarily true. I am going on venture in June for 29 nites on an expedition cruise around ice land and Greenland. There are plenty of included excursions and probably 20 to 30 extra code excursions not including submarine and kayaks. 

there may be some expedition cruises with all excursions included but for sure NOT ALL. 

I can only report what I was told.  Perhaps a special promo for onboard bookings?  🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, kbnovak said:

I can only report what I was told.  Perhaps a special promo for onboard bookings?  🤷🏼‍♂️

Understand wasn’t saying you were not telling the truth. Typical marketing over stating. Sure there are exploration cruises with all excursions included lik Antarctica and even my cruise where there are free included in most ports. Just not ALL. 

Suggest you talk to the person who gave the incorrect information or the square snd get him or her to clarify their statement so people are not disappointed 

Doubt it is an onboard booking promo as some of the excursions include helicopter flights and private car trips that cost over $1,000 per person or per car. 

Really don’t want CC people misinformed. 

21 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Think it has already been stated in this thread. If it’s an experience marketed section they are included except for kayaks and submarines.  

Thanks for the clarification galeforce9. To be perfectly clear since I have been booking tours on my upcoming Venture Expedition cruise you are partially correct. We have several Experiences which are included for everyone. There are other ports that have included tours and extra cost tours

our itinerary attached to our booking confirmation mentions as ll of this.

To be clear just like regent that advertises free unlimited excursions and has extra cost tours as well Seabourn is virtually identical and while I have signed up mostly for the included tours there are exactly 2 where I will be paying extra.

so it is a mixed bag with not all touring included in your fare. Am expecting to disembark with zero owed.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rallydave said:

Understand wasn’t saying you were not telling the truth. Typical marketing over stating. Sure there are exploration cruises with all excursions included lik Antarctica and even my cruise where there are free included in most ports. Just not ALL. 

Suggest you talk to the person who gave the incorrect information or the square snd get him or her to clarify their statement so people are not disappointed 

Doubt it is an onboard booking promo as some of the excursions include helicopter flights and private car trips that cost over $1,000 per person or per car. 

Really don’t want CC people misinformed. 

No offense taken. 
Fully agree with you (tone can’t be inferred through writing). 👍🏼

15 minutes ago, kbnovak said:

No offense taken. 
Fully agree with you (tone can’t be inferred through writing). 👍🏼

Thank you. Simply trying to provide accurate current information from an exploration cruise in less than 2 months. 

This thread proves there is confusion over exploration excursions and the absolutely incorrect information provided by Seabourn onboard only added to the confusion. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Expedition excursions on zodiacs are normally included.   There are not enough zodiacs to take all passengers on an excursion at one time.   We were broken into 3 or 4 groups, and were given different times to report to the zodiacs.   They did it by color.   

Yes zodiacs are included.  As far as enough zodiacs, that is not a problem for Venture and Pursuit as they are carrying enough zodiacs for all of the passengers at one time believe .  As far as other ships like Quest, yes they don't have enough zodiacs and for Antarctica where Quest used to be the only choice, Antarctica rules limit the number pf humans on shore at the same time to 100 per ship and why you were broken up to groups and why Quest and any other non Expedition ships do not carry enough zodiacs for the entire ship like Ventur does and Pursuit will.have 24 zodiacs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rallydave said:

Thanks for the clarification galeforce9. To be perfectly clear since I have been booking tours on my upcoming Venture Expedition cruise you are partially correct. We have several Experiences which are included for everyone. There are other ports that have included tours and extra cost tours

our itinerary attached to our booking confirmation mentions as ll of this.

To be clear just like regent that advertises free unlimited excursions and has extra cost tours as well Seabourn is virtually identical and while I have signed up mostly for the included tours there are exactly 2 where I will be paying extra.

so it is a mixed bag with not all touring included in your fare. Am expecting to disembark with zero owed.  

Thanks rallydave. That’s really helpful for my future planning 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 12:39 AM, galeforce9 said:

Think it has already been stated in this thread. If it’s an experience marketed section they are included except for kayaks and submarines.  

...and helicopter flights and private car trips.

Reading this thread am I correct in assuming that the included zodiac excursions do not have to be booked in advance. This was certainly the case when we travelled to the Antarctic on Quest.

5 minutes ago, Nops said:

Reading this thread am I correct in assuming that the included zodiac excursions do not have to be booked in advance. This was certainly the case when we travelled to the Antarctic on Quest.

Correct, just like in Antarctica included zodiac excursions simply happen and everyone is invited to join  Even on my invoice it shows the expected days of the zodiac tours but, really no information about what they are just that they will be announced as the cruise progresses.