Another cruise transfer thread. Anyone use the SHARED SHUTTLE on civitavecchiaport.org?

Wishing on a star

I am looking for a private, or shared-private shuttle from Rome to the Port.

We would like to depart, and get to the Port before most other shuttles.

As mentioned in other recent threads, the well known private shuttle services are beginning at 140 EU.

I see on civitavecchiaport.org the SHARED SHUTTLE service, where you can get together with another party to share an arranged private transfer.

This would be about 90 EU.

We could leave Rome and get to the Port a little earlier.

Has anyone here used this service?

Is anyone familiar with this?

I have sent a contact to them, but have not gotten a reply yet.

I don't know if this is operated and sanctioned by the Port?

Is this something that is contracted out to any one of various providers?

Edited by Wishing on a star

I did get a reply from the cruise port website.

It seems as if the port is offering this service. But, they are passing the bookings onto one of their group of participating drivers/companies.

"We select drivers proven experience, with all necessary licenses and permissions"

I will have to double check all of the little details on their website.  I am not sure about how it works if another party doesn't join in.  

But, it does seem legit, and could save 50EU.

• Like 1

There are other shared shuttle services that you can book with directly for a lower rate than the private transfers. I’ve recommended the one I used last fall several times here. It’s sharedshuttle.it  The cost is lower if someone books the same time as you, but even if not it is significantly cheaper.

I can’t answer re: early departure times for the port though, as I prefer to linger in Rome.

Thank you!

You are always helpful!

I can double check,  but I believe that these have set departure times that you sign up for.  and they might not really leave Rome until close to 11:00.

They can be cheaper!

But, will probably have bigger vans with more passengers.

It looks like 10:30 is the earliest time offered. Can you really get on board much earlier than noon?

I’ve used them twice and the van was a normal Euro mini van for up to 8 persons. I don’t think anything smaller would be offered for more than a private transfer — they wouldn’t have enough space for luggage!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 12:57 AM, cruisemom42 said:

There are other shared shuttle services that you can book with directly for a lower rate than the private transfers. I’ve recommended the one I used last fall several times here. It’s sharedshuttle.it  The cost is lower if someone books the same time as you, but even if not it is significantly cheaper.

I can’t answer re: early departure times for the port though, as I prefer to linger in Rome.

I am looking into using this company from Rome to the port and the reverse at the end of my cruise..  Since they might have to go to other hotels to pick up passengers, do they notify you of when you will be picked up?  Right now the 10:30 time slot is available, so would that be when I am picked up?  Also, it says to pay the driver. Do they take credit cards, or should I have sufficient Euros to pay? I culdnt find that info on the website.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Straughn said:

I am looking into using this company from Rome to the port and the reverse at the end of my cruise..  Since they might have to go to other hotels to pick up passengers, do they notify you of when you will be picked up?  Right now the 10:30 time slot is available, so would that be when I am picked up?  Also, it says to pay the driver. Do they take credit cards, or should I have sufficient Euros to pay? I culdnt find that info on the website.  Thank you.

I've only used them from the port to Rome but they were waiting at the appointed time at the port; in fact, they were there early.

As to payment, I seem to recall that they only take cash.

6 hours ago, Straughn said:

We are using Shared Shuttle next month from Rome to the port. You can email them and ask to prepay by credit card, instead of cash. 

4 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

We are using Shared Shuttle next month from Rome to the port. You can email them and ask to prepay by credit card, instead of cash. 

Hello everyone - I have a general question about tipping for shared shuttle services from Rome hotel to port. Would anyone offer what is general protocol. Thanks