Boarding time question for a group

skywalkr2

I searched but couldn't find an answer.  We have two groups in one car going to the port.  Unfortunately we do not all have the same boarding time.  Will they let us in together?  Or will 2 people have to stand outside and wait?  The port in question is Port Canaveral.

Thanks for the help.

Nobody in your group has a boarding time. When you check-in, you choose your arrival time, which is the time you need to arrive at the cruise terminal. If you're past your check-in time, you can go ahead and go in. If it's prior to your check-in time, you need to wait until your check-in time to go to the port. Once you're on the ship, you can all meet back up if you desire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What ship?  Been on MG four times and every time they were not really even using the timed check in lines.  We’ve had one of the earliest times and when we get there on time they already have the 12:30 or later lines up.  I’ve never seen them turning early arrivers away.  Now you probably won’t be able to board together but doubt anyone will have to wait outside. 

OP, you might also be able to still tweak your Arrival Times on your Online Check-in to get them to match up better. Hopefully you don't have a situation where one party has 10:30a and the other party has 1:00p.

The reality is that every port is a little bit different in terms of arrival strictness.  What certainly is true is that the boarding order (indicated on your Boarding Pass as B04 or F07, for example) WILL be enforced.  Now in my example, the folks holding B04 can always hang around the terminal waiting on their friend's later slot and simply go aboard with them. It's also true that the 'early' folks in your car can simply adhere to the entire schedule assigned to the 'late', including when arriving at the terminal.  The issue isn't the folks that come a bit later, it's always about the folks who want to come early. Not everyone can be in the first 500 on the ship.

In some ways this is the same issue as 'I'm Platinum. Can my second cousin once removed in a different cabin who has sailed once and didn't buy FttF board early with me?'  Um, no. But you can always board with them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

Earlier boarders can claim a good spot to wait for cabins to open for both groups!

Yeah, if I was traveling with folks that had a later boarding time, I would just pick a meetup place on the ship.  You will still have cell service so they could text me when they got onboard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

Earlier boarders can claim a good spot to wait for cabins to open for both groups!

OR just do a later arrival time, breeze through check-in with no lines, and have access to your cabin as soon as you board.

We always ride with friends to the port. We all choose the same check in time, usually 12-12:30 at port canaveral. Works out for us, even before priority boarding returned. We’re all Diamond so certainly could go earlier, but really don’t see the need.

12 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

I searched but couldn't find an answer.  We have two groups in one car going to the port.  Unfortunately we do not all have the same boarding time.  Will they let us in together?  Or will 2 people have to stand outside and wait?  The port in question is Port Canaveral.

Thanks for the help.

Of course they'll let you all check in together. Everyone hang out until the last 2 are scheduled to check in, then the merry group can all check in together. Everybody's happy

On 4/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

What ship?  Been on MG four times and every time they were not really even using the timed check in lines.  We’ve had one of the earliest times and when we get there on time they already have the 12:30 or later lines up.  I’ve never seen them turning early arrivers away.  Now you probably won’t be able to board together but doubt anyone will have to wait outside. 

On the Magic.