Covid on Sirena

troubleclef

Disembarked in Lisbon on April 3 and on that day both myself and partner tested positive.  We have been in quarantine and are recovering.

It was a lovely cruise and the staff on board are warm, welcoming and accommodating. Even though we took all precautionary measures and avoided crowds, the inevitable still happened.  Wishing all those fellow passengers who continued on to Barcelona safe travels home.

6 hours ago, troubleclef said:

Disembarked in Lisbon on April 3 and on that day both myself and partner tested positive.  We have been in quarantine and are recovering.

It was a lovely cruise and the staff on board are warm, welcoming and accommodating. Even though we took all precautionary measures and avoided crowds, the inevitable still happened.  Wishing all those fellow passengers who continued on to Barcelona safe travels home.

Sorry to hear that; my DH and I got it last fall on our TA.  He had a reaction to Plaxlovid and I was just fine without it, having no symptoms at all.  We were so careful, but then let our guard down...it happens!

17 hours ago, troubleclef said:

If the "inevitable" still happened why bother taking precautions.?

• Like 3

Troublechef,

Some questions……

did you test yourself for Covid? Is Oceania still quarantining people with Covid?

did you have travel insurance and did they cover your hotel and expenses when you

left the cruise and quarantined?

•  

Yes, tested ourselves .  When we disembarked in Lisbon, we both felt "feverish". By the time we got to the hotel we were burning up.  We tested positive.  We tested yesterday (April 10) and are still positive and recovering.  No fever or sore throats. We had already planned on staying in Portugal for a couple of weeks so our hotel was already booked and paid for.  

15 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

The same reason you wear a seatbelt, that's why.  That's what intelligent, informed people do.

It is not inevitable that you will get into a car accident (or catch covid).  Seat belts are worn for safety in the event there is a situation where they may eliminate or reduce injury.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

It is not inevitable that you will get into a car accident (or catch covid).  Seat belts are worn for safety in the event there is a situation where they may eliminate or reduce injury.

nor is it inevitable you get covid, but you do things to mitigate and reduce risk.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

nor is it inevitable you get covid, but you do things to mitigate and reduce risk.  

I suggest you re-read post #1... apparently it is inevitable, and taking precautions to avoid contracting covid is pretty much not time well spent according to the OP.

28 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I suggest you re-read post #1... apparently it is inevitable, and taking precautions to avoid contracting covid is pretty much not time well spent according to the OP.

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.  Have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, troubleclef said:

Yes, tested ourselves .  When we disembarked in Lisbon, we both felt "feverish". By the time we got to the hotel we were burning up.  We tested positive.  We tested yesterday (April 10) and are still positive and recovering.  No fever or sore throats. We had already planned on staying in Portugal for a couple of weeks so our hotel was already booked and paid for.  

Was the hotel able  to provide meals while you were in quarantine?

Feel better soon

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, deck chair said:

If the "inevitable" still happened why bother taking precautions.?

I got it on HAL in Feb. They did give me credit for the 3 days I was confined to the cabin...I would hope that Oceania did it also.  Paxlovid is the cure but you can't get a prescription from a doctor unless you are seen...beware of the cost on the cruise ships for Paxlovid but if you have insurance, you can make a claim.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:47 AM, LHT28 said:

Was the hotel able  to provide meals while you were in quarantine?

Feel better soon

Thank you.  Yes, we did get room service while in quarantine but not much of an appetite.Our consolation is that at least we indulged in some really good meals (desserts too).  Thankful for the memories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1