Considering Infinity

room with a view

We are 26 days out from out Infinity cruise and I cannot wait! I just finished packing (clothes chosen but hanging) because classes start tomorrow for me. I would say we are experienced cruisers and not that fussy if comfortable and well-fed. I loved the comment about good seating for reading and having an ocean view.  I look forward to sharing my review in about a month. I realize I have not added any actual information here, but I am just so excited... and I just can't hide it... .

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Isn't the Infinity the ONLY X ship without Starlink and it's not getting it for months? 

Infinity had Starlink when we sailed Chile to Argentina in March of last year.   I was able to stream TV every night on that sailing with premium package.  We were on deck 11.

I think any reference to adding cabins on Infinity would only be to add the 8 or so Oceanview cabins on the port side of deck 3 in place of the wine room as been done already on the other 3 "M" class ships.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wish I had seen this post sooner, but somehow I missed it. We were on the Infinity last year and it was a total nightmare. I can't even begin to list all the issues, but here were the worst:

1. We were in Aqua Class and the food at Blu was literally not edible. Service was well-meaning but also awful. The buffet made Golden Corral look good, so that wasn't a solution. Thank God for Sushi on Five, which is where we ate after the second day.

2. Half the crew didn't speak English, and the other half were not particularly friendly. This applied to the officers as well.

3. The ship has not been revolutionized, although we were led to believe that it had been. The overall condition was worn out and seedy (from cabins to public areas).

We were shocked. We had been big fans of Celebrity, and this was our fist post-pandemic cruise. It was hard to believe how badly things had deteriorated.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

Have booked the Infinity for Sept 2024 for a Greek intensive cruise.  Following is what X says about what to expect regarding the ship.

Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience.

We have sailed aboard the Infinity a couple of times.  The worst problem we experienced was on a 14 night South American cruise when the ship's propulsion system wasn't properly working.

Greetings! We have communicated on the roll call!

I hadn’t spotted this! We have booked this cruise not expecting the ship to be upgraded but if it is it will be a bonus. I did think that the best we might get was a refresh of soft furnishings from the dry dock.

I have mixed feelings about them upgrading the Retreat lounge as I have a soft spot for the M class Michael’s Club and much as I have liked the look of refurbished lounges we have actually found them less comfortable…The addition of a Retreat Deck would be nice if it happens. More bothered about having nice furnishings on my balcony though…

11 hours ago, budmeister said:

We are 26 days out from out Infinity cruise and I cannot wait! I just finished packing (clothes chosen but hanging) because classes start tomorrow for me. I would say we are experienced cruisers and not that fussy if comfortable and well-fed. I loved the comment about good seating for reading and having an ocean view.  I look forward to sharing my review in about a month. I realize I have not added any actual information here, but I am just so excited... and I just can't hide it... .

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise! We are over a year until ours and I am excited already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Greetings! We have communicated on the roll call!

Yes we have and I look forward to meeting you and your family!

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

I have mixed feelings about them upgrading the Retreat lounge as I have a soft spot for the M class Michael’s Club and much as I have liked the look of refurbished lounges we have actually found them less comfortable…The addition of a Retreat Deck would be nice if it happens. More bothered about having nice furnishings on my balcony though…

I can't agree more!  Though the cigar bar is long gone, Michael's Club enjoys a real touch of class and sense of intimacy. 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:57 AM, Stupot74 said:

I'm sailing on Infinity in May 2024 - hopefully any gross defects will be rectified in the January 2024 drydocking.

We are sailing in May too.  Not too worried about the ship as we are sailing for the ports and there are only two sea days.  Plus, outstanding price!

On 8/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, Traveling Fools said:

Have booked the Infinity for Sept 2024 for a Greek intensive cruise.  Following is what X says about what to expect regarding the ship.

Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience.

We have sailed aboard the Infinity a couple of times.  The worst problem we experienced was on a 14 night South American cruise when the ship's propulsion system wasn't properly working.

Hi there,

I contacted Celebrity to confirm what the update will be. Michael’s Club will be refreshed as the Retreat Lounge and the 12 Family Veranda rooms will become Sunset Suites. 

No new rooms and no Retreat Deck. They are aware of the wrong information on the website and will correct asap.

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Hi there,

I contacted Celebrity to confirm what the update will be. Michael’s Club will be refreshed as the Retreat Lounge and the 12 Family Veranda rooms will become Sunset Suites. 

No new rooms and no Retreat Deck. They are aware of the wrong information on the website and will correct asap.

Thank-you for the update!