Botanical garden in Akureyri

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I found this on trip advisor. Does anyone know how near of far or how to get there from the cruise port?

https://www.lystigardur.akureyri.is/is/english/practical-information

If I remember it is about a half hour walk. Check it out on Google. When I was there (years ago) there was also a public bus. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, janetcbl said:

If I remember it is about a half hour walk. Check it out on Google. When I was there (years ago) there was also a public bus. 

Thank you, assuming you went there, was it worth it? We have been to botanical gardens before and both enjoyed them.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Thank you, assuming you went there, was it worth it? We have been to botanical gardens before and both enjoyed them.

When you check pictures (flickr, etc.) be sure to see WHEN they were taken.  Depending on the time of year you go can make all the difference.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

When you check pictures (flickr, etc.) be sure to see WHEN they were taken.  Depending on the time of year you go can make all the difference.

Summertime, we will be there in August.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

I just went and googled it, and it seems to be only open from June to September. How much difference can there really be?

3 hours ago, janetcbl said:

Yes! Definitely worth your time if your enjoy plants.

Yes, we have been to a botanical garden in IIRC, Brooklyn. We also once stayed in a AI in Jamaica that was like living in a botanical garden. And we enjoyed the tulips in the Netherlands.

DW will take a lot of pictures. I would bet one or probably more become subjects for her to do watercolors.