DEBARKATION TIME CRUISE ENDING IN LISBON, PORTUGAL

kjquilts

Our apartment hotel in Lisbon where we'll be spending two nights after the Star cruise is asking for an estimated arrival time.  This is the first time we've ever done a cruise that ended in a port not in the US so not sure what to tell them.

NCL website shows disembark 6:00am  ..... following Star cruise embarks 8:00 pm. 

Has anyone ended cruise in Lisbon before?

Karen

Edited by kjquilts
add something

Yes, we were off by 845. People started getting off at 730ish. If you can check in early that would be great, we could not but we booked a tour and they held our luggage in car for the day and then we made it to hotel by 5ish.

It could depend on where you are sailing from.

If you are on a Med cruise then you will likely be off very quickly. There should be no immigration or anything like that on disembarkation day, so you can just walk off, grab your luggage and go. Every disembarkation I have ever done on these cruises has been much quicker and easier than the US.

However, if you have sailed from elsewhere, especially if on a transatlantic then it could be slow. It depends where they do the immigration checks, but it could take a while.

The 8pm departure for the following cruise doesn’t indicate anything. Med cruises often have later departures and this is usually more to do with the distance to the next port than anything else.

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

Thank you both.  We are on a 15 day med cruise sailing from Venice (Trieste) and ending in Lisbon.

We did Lisbon - Lisbon Christmas/New Year 2022/2023.

We were off the ship about 7.30 on the return to Lisbon.

Interested in your plans for Trieste ...are you staying pre cruise ?

11 minutes ago, room with a view said:

We did Lisbon - Lisbon Christmas/New Year 2022/2023.

We were off the ship about 7.30 on the return to Lisbon.

Interested in your plans for Trieste ...are you staying pre cruise ?

We are set to arrive in Venice early evening on the 13th and staying two nights

in apartment very close to Santa Lucia train station.  Will take train to Trieste on the 15th.
Thanking my lucky stars the scheduled Italy train strike is the 14th and not the 15th although am hoping strike is cancelled because I know fellow cruisers are/were planning on train travel on the 14th.

Since the Star is scheduled to leave Trieste at 10:00 pm we’ll have time to drop our bags and see some of Trieste.

1 hour ago, kjquilts said:

in apartment very close to Santa Lucia train station.  Will take train to Trieste on the 15th.
Thanking my lucky stars the scheduled Italy train strike is the 14th and not the 15th although am hoping strike is cancelled because I know fellow cruisers are/were planning on train travel on the 14th.

Since the Star is scheduled to leave Trieste at 10:00 pm we’ll have time to drop our bags and see some of Trieste.

Thanks , we are considering the Epic for Christmas/ New Year 2023/2024 and the Epic sails from Trieste and ends at Lisbon.  Our flight times  will give us 1 night in Venice and 3 in Trieste ...we will fly home on the 5th January 2024 !  Epic isn't a ship I would choose but it's the only one around the Canaries at Christmas.

Enjoy your cruise ...hope you leave a review. 

6 hours ago, kjquilts said:

I spoke with the cruise line and once you've checked in, you can't leave the ship. We were planning on checking in then going back out, but no such luck! I read that there is a luggage place close to the train station in Trieste, so we are going to drop our bags there and then look around prior to checking in. 

11 hours ago, aubrae said:

I spoke with the cruise line and once you've checked in, you can't leave the ship. We were planning on checking in then going back out, but no such luck! I read that there is a luggage place close to the train station in Trieste, so we are going to drop our bags there and then look around prior to checking in. 

You can check in your luggage and then walk around before boarding if you want, many people did just that when we took the Canaries cruise out of Lisbon last month.