Can I change a guest name with three weeks to go ?

doog442

The long and short is I booked a UK cruise for my wife and her mother. Unfortunately the mother in law isn't feeling too good and may struggle to make it.

Has anyone any experience of changing a guest name at short notice, I'll take her place.  

Regards.

Yes - as long as one person who was on the original booking still goes. So as long as your wife still goes, you can change the 2nd passengers name.

There maybe a nominal name change fee of $50 or $100. I don't remember.

Contact who you booked with sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

Shouldn't have any problems.  Are you working with a TA?  There may be a name change fee (last one was $50).  Unfortunately, air fares can not be changed only cruise fare. Hope her mother has insurance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Shouldn't have any problems.  Are you working with a TA?  There may be a name change fee (last one was $50).  Unfortunately, air fares can not be changed only cruise fare. Hope her mother has insurance.

Insurance shouldn't matter if they do a name change (cruise only, not air).

I assume they are going out of UK - hopefully they were driving.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

The long and short is I booked a UK cruise for my wife and her mother. Unfortunately the mother in law isn't feeling too good and may struggle to make it.

Has anyone any experience of changing a guest name at short notice, I'll take her place.  

Regards.

You need to check with your travel agent or Princess UK as you have different ‘rules’ from USA/Canada bookings. It has been reported many times, UK bookings are subject to a processing fee to refare bookings and can only be done once? Whereas before final payment, most US bookings can be refared without ‘fees’ or other limitations.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Coral said:

Insurance shouldn't matter if they do a name change (cruise only, not air).

I assume they are going out of UK - hopefully they were driving.

Yes UK. No flights, live 30 minutes from the port. I was going to drive them there and enjoy 8 days of peace and quiet 🤣. Happy to pay a small fee but booked via a TA so will probably get stiffed.

Thanks all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Yes UK. No flights, live 30 minutes from the port. I was going to drive them there and enjoy 8 days of peace and quiet 🤣. Happy to pay a small fee but booked via a TA so will probably get stiffed.

Thanks all.

My TA will only charge what Princess charges for the name change. Good luck!

• Like 1