Arvia Sea View Cabins - LB,LC & LF Grade

DamianG

Has anyone sailed in an Arvia Sea View cabin on deck 4 (grades LB,LC, LF)? We are looking for some feedback as we are considering booking one of these for a future cruise.

We have had everything from an inside cabin to a suite on other ships but in general our preference is to at least have a window for some natural light or a balcony, especially as we often spend a lot of the time inside our cabin on cruises (mainly due to our son's preferences).

We've seen a YouTube review of cabin 4463 and it looks an appealing option with a good size cabin, sofa bed for our son and window seat.

Any shared experiences would be much appreciated.

In January my sister and brother-in-law were in 5516, an LB grade. They liked it; the layout was with be bed away from the window and a window seat under it.  They chose deck 5 rather than deck 4 because they thought it would quieter, with the gangway going from deck 4.  As it happened, on our cruise they never used deck four for the gangway, it was always deck 5 and, once I think, deck 6. When it was deck 5 on their side, they weren't bothered by the noise, and thought it was great as they didn't have to join the scrum at the lifts when coming back on.

We have selected the accessible LB for next year, but they are on deck 4.

• Thanks 1

We've stayed in LB cabin on Iona which was fabulous! Booked in LC on Arvia soon and plan to book another LB on Iona for next year! Love the window seats. Our personal preference is to have the bed by the wardrobe as it enables more space for us to sit and play cards, read etc with one sat on sofa and one on the window seat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

In January my sister and brother-in-law were in 5516, an LB grade. They liked it; the layout was with be bed away from the window and a window seat under it.  They chose deck 5 rather than deck 4 because they thought it would quieter, with the gangway going from deck 4.  As it happened, on our cruise they never used deck four for the gangway, it was always deck 5 and, once I think, deck 6. When it was deck 5 on their side, they weren't bothered by the noise, and thought it was great as they didn't have to join the scrum at the lifts when coming back on.

We have selected the accessible LB for next year, but they are on deck 4.

We have accessible deck 4 LB grade on Arvia Transatlantic next March too, they look really nice 

Michelle

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We have accessible deck 4 LB grade on Arvia Transatlantic next March too, they look really nice 

Michelle

We'll be neighbours, unless we've been bumped by the time you get on, the week after us.😉

To the best of my recollection, when I was talking to a P&O advisor a good while ago, when they downgraded the accessible inside cabins to partially accessible, she thought one of those four cabins had a pole in it. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle as I understand they are as big as an accessible balcony cabin inside; it will save going to the gym anyway.

We've also chosen the same grade for next September too, but on a saver rate; we were happy to save a fair bit of money, knowing that we will be in one of four cabins.

32 minutes ago, TigerB said:

We'll be neighbours, unless we've been bumped by the time you get on, the week after us.😉

To the best of my recollection, when I was talking to a P&O advisor a good while ago, when they downgraded the accessible inside cabins to partially accessible, she thought one of those four cabins had a pole in it. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle as I understand they are as big as an accessible balcony cabin inside; it will save going to the gym anyway.

We've also chosen the same grade for next September too, but on a saver rate; we were happy to save a fair bit of money, knowing that we will be in one of four cabins.

I paid select fare & we are in 4528

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Have you been able to book an accessible cabin on a saver fare?  We did ask out TA to try that for us once but no way, granted it was a balcony cabin which may be different, but really why should it.

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

We are!! How bizarre!! Out of all the cabins on the ship we are next door to each other!!

Michelle 

We'll be taking Southern Comfort and probably dark rum; what are you bringing to the party?🥃😄

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Have you been able to book an accessible cabin on a saver fare?  We did ask out TA to try that for us once but no way, granted it was a balcony cabin which may be different, but really why should it.

Yes John, twice, nearly thrice.

In October we booked one of the LB sea view cabins on Arvia for a Mediterranean cruise in September 2024. We considered booking a select fare, but it was a lot more money with not that much OBC, and we thought, what's the point, as there are only four accessible LB cabins and they are all in the same location.

On Saturday, when we booked next week's cruise, there were five available inside accessible cabins we could book on the saver rate.

It appears not to matter if it is a balcony cabin. For my retirement cruise on Britannia last September we wanted a HD grade, and were asked if we wanted that as a saver rate; we had booked the kids in HD regular cabins on the saver rate. There are eight accessible HD cabins on Britannia and all of them are in locations we would have been happy with; so we would have booked a saver rate for ourselves but the additional cost of the select rate was almost offset by the regular and BLC OBC we received.

We book direct, but I don't see why your TA can't access them; you'll be having a word, no doubt.

14 hours ago, DamianG said:

Has anyone sailed in an Arvia Sea View cabin on deck 4 (grades LB,LC, LF)? We are looking for some feedback as we are considering booking one of these for a future cruise.

We have had everything from an inside cabin to a suite on other ships but in general our preference is to at least have a window for some natural light or a balcony, especially as we often spend a lot of the time inside our cabin on cruises (mainly due to our son's preferences).

We've seen a YouTube review of cabin 4463 and it looks an appealing option with a good size cabin, sofa bed for our son and window seat.

Any shared experiences would be much appreciated.

Some seaview cabins do not have the window seat. If the cabins are the same as on Iona 4.657 did not have the seat

• Thanks 1