prebooking excursions

herbanrenewal

I wonder if you can book on land with credit card, then go the the shore ex team to cancel and rebook to use non-refundable credit and get your original payment back as refundable OBC 🤔

I say that as we left two excursions to book onboard to use the non refundable share holders OBC but one of the two trips was sold out so we lost out on the plan.

Edited by ziggyuk

34 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I wonder if you can book on land with credit card, then go the the shore ex team to cancel and rebook to use non-refundable credit and get your original payment back as refundable OBC 🤔

I say that as we left two excursions to book onboard to use the non refundable share holders OBC but one of the two trips was sold out so we lost out on the plan.

Haven't done it myself but others have posted that they were able to get a refund, then use NR OBC.  Not sure how their system actually works so unless they have the ability to lock a reservation I suppose it's possible to still lose your reservation if someone else snags it during the cancel/rebook process - so I'd certainly verify before moving forward!

• Thanks 1

@ziggyuk This is exactly what I did last week on Jade. I went down and said I wanted to cancel and rebook my excursions with my OBC, and they said it was no problem. They didn't actually touch my excursion booking at all (even told me to keep my same tickets) but just credited/ debited the charges in my onboard account as refundable OBC (they will NOT issue it back to your credit card).  Then the day before disembarkation, I just went to the front desk and they gave me USD cash for my refundable OBC balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

@ziggyuk This is exactly what I did last week on Jade. I went down and said I wanted to cancel and rebook my excursions with my OBC, and they said it was no problem. They didn't actually touch my excursion booking at all (even told me to keep my same tickets) but just credited/ debited the charges in my onboard account as refundable OBC (they will NOT issue it back to your credit card).  Then the day before disembarkation, I just went to the front desk and they gave me USD cash for my refundable OBC balance.

Brilliant to know, wish I had done that last time, you live and learn.

I wish they would just let us use our OBC to pre-book excursions like other cruise lines but I guess for those who don't know the workaround (this was my first time to try it too), it is another way for them to get more new money.

• Like 1