Princess Transfer Timing

Tedferg

Oct 23, Transpacific, pick-up cruise in Honolulu, she overnights there. So, we will fly in on first day arriving around Noon and sail next day.

Princess offers Transfer airport to ship for $24 pp, looks like a deal but I wonder how much time is spent waiting for coach, obviously Pax will come in at various times throughout the day.

Do they wait until the coach is full?

Is luggage transferred from coach to cabin automatically?

I would assume that this would be handled very similar to other bus transfers at other ports (I *could* be wrong...)

Yes, they will generally wait ubtil the bus is at least "mostly" full...they know how many are coming in and when so you *might* catch a break there if it will be a long stretch of time for more pax.

Luggage would be handed off to porters at the pier.  You will probably take your bags a short distance to meet a porter...unless they are right there at the drop-off point.

22 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I would assume that this would be handled very similar to other bus transfers at other ports (I *could* be wrong...)

Yes, they will generally wait ubtil the bus is at least "mostly" full...they know how many are coming in and when so you *might* catch a break there if it will be a long stretch of time for more pax.

Luggage would be handed off to porters at the pier.  You will probably take your bags a short distance to meet a porter...unless they are right there at the drop-off point.

Thanks, it did not occur to me that they would know arrival times for other passengers. So they can arrange timing to suit arrivals.

I always figured Princess Transfer at $59 per person so $24 is a surprise, especially if we dd not see our luggage again until we are in the cabin. I do see a few other Transfer options in similar price range. 

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Oct 23, Transpacific, pick-up cruise in Honolulu, she overnights there. So, we will fly in on first day arriving around Noon and sail next day.

Princess offers Transfer airport to ship for $24 pp, looks like a deal but I wonder how much time is spent waiting for coach, obviously Pax will come in at various times throughout the day.

Do they wait until the coach is full?

Is luggage transferred from coach to cabin automatically?

#20 bus goes from HNL to Pier 2, $3.  Like all public transit, the buses are equipped with ADA ramps, and you can roll your luggage on board.  Since it is an airport bus, it may also be equipped with luggage racks.

10 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

#20 bus goes from HNL to Pier 2, $3.  Like all public transit, the buses are equipped with ADA ramps, and you can roll your luggage on board.  Since it is an airport bus, it may also be equipped with luggage racks.

Please review ‘luggage’ rules for Honolulu buses, you can find at thebus.org. It specifically states luggage must not block aisles and must fit under your seat and there are size restrictions. The city bus #20 does NOT have luggage racks, it is a regular city bus. The drivers have recently been a little lenient with allowing oversized luggage. I would not count on this. I suggest you use transfer or ride share services unless you have just carry on luggage.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

Please review ‘luggage’ rules for Honolulu buses, you can find at thebus.org. It specifically states luggage must not block aisles and must fit under your seat and there are size restrictions. The city bus #20 does NOT have luggage racks, it is a regular city bus. The drivers have recently been a little lenient with allowing oversized luggage. I would not count on this. I suggest you use transfer or ride share services unless you have just carry on luggage.

Thanks, I do see other services at $18. The Princess transfer got my attention because of the $24, when I expected $59

I take the standpoint of..."Just let Princess handle my entire trip!"  (Except airfare...I do that on my own!) Sure...I can have it a bit cheaper if I want to do a bunch of research and legwork...but how much money are we really talking about saving here vs the convenience?

We too let Princes handle the entire trip.  We have never been late to catch the ship or the plane home and I bet the longest I have ever sat on a bus has been 20-25 minutes.  They handle the luggage and all is good......