FLL Park n Go Status

tntornadox

Anyone have an idea how Park n Go fared? On a cruise right now and would like an idea of what I am returning to on Sunday! A flooded vehicle certainly wasn’t in the plans. I would call them but Wi-Fi calling is spotty at best.

Edited by tntornadox

• tntornadox changed the title to FLL Park n Go Status
1 hour ago, ScottieMom-8031 said:

We too are sailing tomorrow & are reserved at Park n Go.  I did speak with someone today who said they are open for business but they did have flooding & some vehicles were under water.  It was not raining when I spoke with him so 🤞

Ouch. Well I had placed an AirTag in my car a couple of weeks ago after seeing a news story of a man tracking his stolen car that way and it has showed my vehicle moving twice within the lot today so hoping that is good news…  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harborgirl246 said:

What was the status of floods at Parkngo on Sunday? So glad we cruised out of Miami this time. 

Many vehicles suffered some form of water damage. I saw several with their hoods up and tow trucks were there. Thankfully I have an SUV and water only got in to the floorboards. They had shop vacs and such set up on the way out so you could vacuum more. It seemed to me their staff had tried to pump out as much water as possible already from the vehicles. You could tell which ones had seen water as they had condensation inside the windshields across the lot.

I lucked out with just a damp floorboard. Others were not so lucky. Park n' Go did the best they could and as always they delivered good service but this event (even though it was a freak occurrence) will likely keep me from using them again. The port garages are much more secure against the weather. Maybe that's too harsh but all it takes is one event like this to make you rethink if the savings on parking are worth it.

Thanks for reporting back - I actually have been wondering about you, and everybody else who parked and sailed away, leaving their car.  Glad it was not worse for you

Was discussing just this morning with a cruising friend how scary it would have been to be on a cruise and see all the rain on the news.  

2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Thanks for reporting back - I actually have been wondering about you, and everybody else who parked and sailed away, leaving their car.  Glad it was not worse for you

Was discussing just this morning with a cruising friend how scary it would have been to be on a cruise and see all the rain on the news.  

I appreciate it! Certainly makes me re-evaluate where I park my car at Port Everglades now.

Just got home from Beyond Cruise and parking at Park N Go. Our car has flood damage!!! Floor boards are soaked, seats are wet. The whole inside windows were so wet when we got to our car you could not see in. Unbelievable never seen anything like it. Our car started but after getting on the road we had a couple of warning symbols pop up that said to contact your dealer, one is emission system problem and one is for supplemental restraint system problem. And of course the smell was not pleasant either. We were told to drive our car to the front and see the owner there for forms to fill out. When we did speak with the owner we did not find him to be sympathetic, all he said was we are in a No Fault state contact you insurance company. They didn't even try to dry the car out before we got back. I had to ask them to help and finally got one of the employees to try and vacuum the carpets, did not help the shop vac was not strong enough. I understand it is an act of God but it is heart breaking to see your car like this. Hope everyone else made it home safely.

1 hour ago, shay1 said:

Just got home from Beyond Cruise and parking at Park N Go. Our car has flood damage!!! Floor boards are soaked, seats are wet. The whole inside windows were so wet when we got to our car you could not see in. Unbelievable never seen anything like it. Our car started but after getting on the road we had a couple of warning symbols pop up that said to contact your dealer, one is emission system problem and one is for supplemental restraint system problem. And of course the smell was not pleasant either. We were told to drive our car to the front and see the owner there for forms to fill out. When we did speak with the owner we did not find him to be sympathetic, all he said was we are in a No Fault state contact you insurance company. They didn't even try to dry the car out before we got back. I had to ask them to help and finally got one of the employees to try and vacuum the carpets, did not help the shop vac was not strong enough. I understand it is an act of God but it is heart breaking to see your car like this. Hope everyone else made it home safely.

Very similar story here. I drove down the turnpike with the windows down to help with the smell then went to Walmart and got every kind of cleaner imaginable. Drying the car out with a fan as we speak. It's a mess!

The only issue I had was my tire pressure monitoring system through a fault but once I started driving the sensor dried off and it never happened again. I will be parking in the port garages from now on!

• 1 month later...

Finally finished with the nightmare of having our car flooded at Park N Go from our April 9th cruise on the Beyond. Our car was totaled after we got home and took it to the dealership. On the drive home we had symbols that came up saying to see your dealer. The water had done too much damage that our insurance company had totaled it. It was a shame we had less than 12,000 miles on our 2020 Honda Accord. It took over a month but we finally got our insurance settlement and just purchased our New Honda Accord. Still not sure I will use Park N Go again may use the port parking instead.