Splendor - Favorite Dining Room

as3369

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

We will be heading out on the Splendor to the Baltics this summer.  In preparation for our dining reservations, I wanted to ask what you Favorite Dining Room or favorite dish(es) were on this beautiful ship!  Thank you so much for your input!

Pacific Rim was a special treat and we dined there three times during our 32 days in the Caribbean in January and February.  Dining al fresco on the aft deck of Sette Mari was very enjoyable.

Of all the restaurants, we dined at Compass Rose most often.  The food and service were excellent and the menu is the largest we have come across at sea. See below...

1299EEBE-5E10-4C51-92E1-AB94D88A3ED0.thumb.jpeg.06834beb757c1f75242828fbccdd8081.jpeg20F3CECD-D16F-4E31-BC95-50C365A409E1.thumb.jpeg.b0a2eed0aa452693955cbcb7d280650f.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

My favorite restaurant is usually the one I’m in.  All the Regent restaurants are great.  So much good food to enjoy!

Will be our 1st time on Regent.  We looked at a couple of sample menus and they all seemed wonderful.  Right now the 10 day plan is Compass Rose (3x), Prime 7 (3x), Sette Mari (2x), Chartreuse (1x) and Pacific Rim (1x).

Edited by as3369

You may need a plan to pull off the 3x in Prime 7 for a 10 day cruise.   If that is your plan, make your reservation for the first night and order a nice bottle of wine.  Enjoy the evening and mention that you want to enjoy another night there.  You may be able to get them to give you another reservation while you stand there.   The last night is also easier to get in there.  Good luck.  

Ignore the above if you are in a named suite and you can eat there anytime you want!  Food is subjective,  so I’m not going into my favorites.  

• Like 3

We enjoyed them all.  Bad first experience at Chartreuse and lunch wasn't much better but 2nd dinner was so good we got a 3rd night.  Pacific Rim and Prime 7 were very good as was Setti Mari.  Compass Rose has a great menu.  No bad choices on Splendor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, as3369 said:

Will be our 1st time on Regent.  We looked at a couple of sample menus and they all seemed wonderful.  Right now the 10 day plan is Compass Rose (3x), Prime 7 (3x), Sette Mari (2x), Chartreuse (1x) and Pacific Rim (1x).

Hi @as3369 I so hope you enjoy your first Regent cruise.  I still remember my first cruise on the 180 passenger Seven Seas Song of Flower 31 years ago. (Regent wasn’t even thought of then.) 

Your dining plans sound great.  I would suggest you check the daily dinner menus on your en-suite TV.  Some dishes are only offered once a cruise but remember with 24 hour notice you can get your favorites dinner.  See the Compass Rose dining room manager and request a few of your favorites throughout the cruise towards the end of your journey.

Do have a wonderful cruise and report back to us when you get back home.

• Like 3

Was a little disappointed with Chartreuse, but could have just been what I chose.  Had a nice lunch there one day. Also disappointed in Sette Mare, not in the food so much as disarray among the staff, and  an appetizer/salad spread that was pretty lame. Main dishes were great.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

So there you have it folks.

Restaurant thread is just like a dress code thread.

Everyone with a different take on it.

So true ! We ate most every night of our 17 nights on the Splendor at either Chatreuse or Sette Mare… loved the food at those two. Just one night each in CR, Prime7 and Pacific Rim, really crowded and noisy. The Pool Grill was still open for us and they had great grilled pork ribs so we ate outside several nights also. And don’t forget room service for dinner on you balcony with your drinks delivered to you. We had an aft facing cabin so a sunset sail away and private dinner was to good to pass up.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cwn said:

So true ! We ate most every night of our 17 nights on the Splendor at either Chatreuse or Sette Mare… loved the food at those two. Just one night each in CR, Prime7 and Pacific Rim, really crowded and noisy. The Pool Grill was still open for us and they had great grilled pork ribs so we ate outside several nights also. And don’t forget room service for dinner on you balcony with your drinks delivered to you. We had an aft facing cabin so a sunset sail away and private dinner was to good to pass up.

Agree, room service from our butler was very good for a dinner when we choose to just relax one night in our suite. Couple of bottles of vino to go with it.

• Like 1

Prime 7 is our favorite restaurant. Elegance, quiet and excellent choices.

Second is Compass Rose for great choices every night.
Then a tie between Pacific Rim and Chartruese  for its offerings. PR is a bit noisy. Chartruese has limited offerings for my taste. But love the atmosphere. 

Seti Mara is last. Too noisy and a hit and miss in quality. 

my choices….

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:07 PM, MarcyLondon said:

We loved them all. Ate in Compass Rose most nights. Enjoyed Pacific Rim   the once but went to Chartreuse twice as we liked it so much

Do the specialty restaurants change menus or is it the same?  Trying to make dining reservations but their website is a little wonky tonight.  Also Sette Mar isn't in the dropdown selection menu.  Are reservations required there?  TIA

Sette Mare doesn’t need or take reservations(like Compass Rose).

The speciality restaurants menus don’t change, but they may (or not) have a special item for that Evening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, as3369 said:

Do the specialty restaurants change menus or is it the same?  Trying to make dining reservations but their website is a little wonky tonight.  Also Sette Mar isn't in the dropdown selection menu.  Are reservations required there?  TIA

We always watch the Sette Mari menu for Eggplant Parmesan.  They don’t serve it every night and it is delicious.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

We always watch the Sette Mari menu for Eggplant Parmesan.  They don’t serve it every night and it is delicious.

I would think they would prepare it for you if you requested it in advance.

I was told they would make cacio e pepe for me in February, but it was late in our cruise and we didn't return.  It's on my bucket list for next January.

41 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes,some nights they call it Aubergine Parmigiana.

Lol - only if there are lots of British on the ship!  I actually like the word Aubergine better than eggplant.   However,  I will stick with zucchini, not Courgette! 

11 hours ago, as3369 said:

Setti mare changes out several of the items and pastas.  They also have different items on the antipasti bar and desserts.  

I enjoyed all the venues.  On days we didn't have a specialty reservation we would look at the menus and decide on Compass, Setti or Room service.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input.  Our party of 6 isn't interested in Pacific Rim so we are going to forego that one.  Love the idea of room service on the balcony but I don't think our balcony would accommodate us all (everyone booked a Superior Suite).  Maybe some day we can take advantage of this suggestion if we are ever fortunate enough to book an upper suite!